Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

Your mission if you wish to accept it

I've just spied me a pretty nice 5 series on trademe. But dunno if I'm wanting such a huge car at such an early age. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-20533615.htm

Hey, nothing wrong with that. I was 16 when I bought my 525i back in May ;)

Whats your budget?

Last week there was an E32 750 (V12!) on trade me for 8 grand. Theres also another mint black one on there for around 10k too, 7 months too late for me, so heres your chance...

Wouldn't the 750 be a bit of a gas guzzler for a young person ?? I mean it sounds like an AWESOME oppurtunity... for an older person with enough money around for a 12?? Ah well maybe not but when i get my car i'm probably not going over a 2.5........ Cost too much in petrol to get any higher for a high school student with not a hell of a lot of money........

Its his choice i suppose though :D

6th of January I'm leaving for outward bound.

26th (updated wasnt 28th afterall) ... I'm back and looking 4 car.

Will be test-driving 2 cars to start with

that 5 series -

BMW 525i - 145,000 km.

and also a 3 series E36 manual for my uncle. Trademe has a couple but some look pretty scruffy. Hes looking to spend around $10,000 - 20,000.

also have a couple of E30's there 2 look at.

Will be test-driving 2 cars to start with

that 5 series -

BMW 525i - 145,000 km.

Up to you man, but that 5 series looks as though it would go for at least 7k. With that sorta dough, I'd be looking at a NZ new 535i. Probably have more kays, but even though I haven't driven one, I think an auto 525i would be a bitch. In terms of performance and fuel economy. My manual 525i is slow enough as it is off the line, and I don't have a TQ to kill the fun :D , so I would hate to think about the autos (probably with much longer gear ratios too)

If it were me, I would probably spend a bit more for gas and get a 535, but you should test em both, make a decision then.