Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

The Sleeper Project

It should be no problem as the whole ecu/ews system is with the engine.

What HUGE wiring problems are you talking about Sam?

All i know is that Race Fx are very confident that they can achieve this, and they'd be the ones that actually know what they're talking about.

Edited by André3000

haha so your the one that getting that engine out of that gold/green e46 m3 :o

Posted Image

Is there even a motor in that? :rolleyes:

I wonder how the driver managed to screw that one up hah.

The motor is the only thing that seems to be fine, everything else is munted, im pretty sure there is a bit of blood splatter on the dash and the roof caves in where the driver and passenger would sit, so who knows what the outcome was :unsure:

Guest Simon*

Ouch!

Never liked that Phoenix Yellow, maybe the car committed suicide?

Huddy, stick it in a coupe

I have the option of changing the whole dash and steering wheel, and using the smg gearbox. Im nt sure about this though as iv always wanted stick shift, but it would be bloody cool.

neg on SMG man, avoid it at all costs <_<

EDIT: p.s. E46 M3 Engine... your bloody mad! Shotgun ride when it's done :D!

Edited by crazyarab

Find a bucket Andrew, and fill it with $100 bills... then find another bucket and consider these to be your pockets... because this will cost heaps to do properly. However, if you end up doing it , it will be quite awsome, and the most expensive E30 road car in NZ.

Daym thats a nice engine!

Hope you can pull it off. There will be electronic issues aplenty.

OHH i like that color i think the 205 would look smokin in that color... with satin black trim...

Wouldn't it be possible to bypass all the security/ECU-chassis matching bullshit with a full standalone ECU?

Any full standalone on pretty much any engine doesn't need help from stock Ecu's and electronics. It's not like the S54 is anything special, still has injectors and coils and what not.

And twin Vanos & SMG and the original vehicle had ASC & ABS. The electrical issues are the biggest obsticles to overcome to get the engine running properly and produce the HP it was designed to produce. I hope RaceFX can overcome these issues for you.

the only complicated thing when swapping S50/S54 to standalone ect is getting an aftermarket ECU with dual vanos capability without it costing the earth, it gets mega complicated when messing with whats there tho.

edit- glenn pretty much summed what i was going to say :( even added more info than me :(

Edited by Jamez

You'd need something to control the dual vanos, and a tuner who can tune accordingly. That's not a cheap standalone (I'm thinking Autronic or MoTeC, although new Link Xtreme might do it) and not cheap tuning either...

(Edit - geez, third in the queue - must try harder)

and the most expensive E30 road car in NZ.

Must ... resist ... urge to dig up my dirty laundry.

Edited by CamB

I simply dont see how it's going to be that expensive. Im not going to use an aftermarket ecu as i want to retain the stock dials etc.

There are many threads for the internet based tuners documenting s54 conversions into e30's.

heres one: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt...d.php?t=1228477

That one has the S50 ECU, which seems like kind of a waste unless you can readily get the S50 ECU chipped in a way that unlocks the extra S54 goodness.

I think you have already commited to this Andre so you have to do it now :P

Gonna be so jealous haha.. I think the Link G4 extreme is capable of dual vanos control, they go for roughly $2,800 I believe?

try www.ecu.co.nz they can wipe stuff out of the ecu's like ews , etc maybe they can do some of the other stuff

That one has the S50 ECU, which seems like kind of a waste unless you can readily get the S50 ECU chipped in a way that unlocks the extra S54 goodness.

Im sure the s50 ecu can be re-mapped just like any other ecu.