Sign in to follow this  
westy

The bastard child.

Am on holiday .. come over. Will clip oscilloscope on to the DME input and see whats really going on.

I'll come over so you can scan mine!!

• Like 1

Swapped TPS between ASC and throttle (same same piece). BIG improvement. Almost right.

Almost.

• Like 1

Pretty sure I can get something going

get a wheel going

• Like 2

So, after months chasing this f**king thing, turns out the fuel pump wasn't supplying enough pressure. Have plumbed in the 540i pump and the thing is a animal.

Does however expose another issue. Needs more grip ha.

Much thanks to Josh and Brendon who have sorted the manual programming and tirelessly scanned data that just wouldn't tell us anything much, and Ray for putting up with my usual crap ha.

Now, to address the other bits and pieces that have been neglected while chasing my arse with this miss.

• Like 4

Looking forward to a little drive in this wayward beast, Tony!

Its been interesting decoding the data streams from older Bosch ECUs .. they're definitely different than Siemens ECUs. Enjoyed the challenge.

So what do we have here, e30 shell full e46 running gear, half e46 electronics half pre-fl early e39/e31 with m62b44. Maximum win.

11053483_10153210005288982_8382250270458

10994324_10153210005453982_5185473793708

10405428_10153210005563982_1403375108139

• Like 6

I've been a member here for what, over a year and I missed this entire build thread. Holy. sh*t.

Tis f**king awesome. Well done man.

• Like 1

Cant believe this threads nearly 6 years old...

started my v8 e30 back in sept 2009, still beavering away at it... :blink:

time flies when you are having fun.. :P

must do skids with you sometime

• Like 2

So, after months chasing this f**king thing, turns out the fuel pump wasn't supplying enough pressure. Have plumbed in the 540i pump and the thing is a animal.

Just goes to show - don't overlook the fundamentals huh

Certainly looks the beast now Tony. Well done with the E30/39/46 machine

looking forward to seeing this again!

assuming all suspensiona dn everything else is still the same, how do you find the handling different between the V8 and the M54?

a V8 E30 sounds really cool, id just be worried it is nose heavy, the internet is plauged by that comment, but no real world experience from 99% of them

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Hard to say Andy I managed to pick up a set of bilstein pss9s for it so quite different to what it was when the 6 was in it.

No doubt the 8 is heavier though.

Seems the same as the s50 weight wise and handling / direction ... Maybe a tad more forgiving being softer (which is a great thing on the road)

Brakes are awesome .. impressed. For me its the way to go for an engine swap on a budget for an e30. Can't beat it.

Tony I think its only fair you should take mine for a good drive. Well swap cars on a run for a while. I keep forgetting to offer some people to drive it :(

I think the extra track width helps the front end a lot. It's always had a really sharp front on it, even with the six it was more an oversteerer than a sledger. Plenty of power down oversteer in third now ha.

Only sticking point with the V8 conversion is getting a box for it. Otherwise it's a bargain really.

• Like 6

outstanding outcome, Tony. this is the thread/vehicle that keeps on giving!

Hey just a querywhen you did the suspension/ 5 lug did you use everything from an e46?

Have a read through ... everything is e46 substantial work was done to the chassis to accomodate it.

For 5 lug front you have two main options, e30 m3, e36 m3. rear e36ti or m-coupe and I think e28 with some mods (I havent done that one so cant comment )