Sign in to follow this  
Quinn

E28 Mtech body kit

Hey guys,

I have recently brought a Mtech (M5 euro body kit) body kit for my E28, it is missing the two front tow-hook covers ant the flares over the wheel arches. Does anyone have these parts? Also does anyone know a good plastic welder (there are a few cracks in the front skirt)?

Cheers

Quinn

try warren at BM warehouse in hamilton

07-8466671

Talk about thread hijacking!! Bloody E30 boys.... Ha ha, thanks Brent I'll call him on Monday. Do you still have the car the kit came off? I'd love to trace some patterns of the mounting holes before you scrap it. I should have the cash for the brakes next weekend if you have a set. Cheers!

May have a set of wheel arches, will have a look tomorrow and let you know.

Cheers silver fox. Oh also with the rear arches, I've had to roll them to fit my wheels. Is it ok to cut them or will that compromise the panel strength? (they're still bloody close to the tyres and I cant really roll them any more)

Edited by Quinn

I'd wait till I got some wheel arches, and then see how much you can remove and still get cover.

yes still have the car .

bumper guy here.

google map

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

This was originally written by Frantic, but since I split the thread this is relevant here too....

Hey guys,

I have recently brought a Mtech (M5 euro body kit) body kit for my E28, it is missing the two front tow-hook covers ant the flares over the wheel arches. Does anyone have these parts? Also does anyone know a good plastic welder (there are a few cracks in the front skirt)?

Cheers

Quinn

If you have no luck with BMWarehouse, you can buy new pieces through SpeedNZ. I got a missing rear arch pod that I needed for my m-tech2 kit.. Expensive though. I think tow hook covers are like $30 each.

Edited by Penry

Ok thanks to silver fox I'm now only looking for the front tow hooks. I have rung around and they are unrealistically expensive new. Any one here got a set lying around?...

Cheers

Quinn

Hey all...I was browing around on EBay today and thought it crazy that this website sells body kits....

A body kit is an assortment of car modifications comprising front and rear bumpers, fenders, side skirts, spoilers. Many manufacturers produce these car parts and accessories so that customers can customize the look of their vehicles. These body kits provide enhanced aerodynamics and also add a touch of aesthetic value to the vehicle. These kits are usually designed to be used as one set, however, many customers mix and match parts from different kits. Body kits are generally designed for various types of automobiles and are made of either fiberglass or polyurethane. The use of polyurethane body kits is preferred by most people as they are highly durable and resistant to damage; they also remain intact even in cold weather. Kits are also manufactured from carbon fiber, which is durable and lightweight. The cost of these body kits is very high, hence, they aren't a very popular option. The boom in the body kit industry during the nineties has forced many automobile companies to build their own custom body kits. Many companies such as General Motors and Irmscher have divisions that specialize in manufacturing body kits. The are a number of aftermarket body kit manufactures such as Irmscher, Lester, MS Design, Reiger, RGM, Steinmetz, Bomex, Onderground-design, Accolade, and Veilside.

I'd like to mod the look of my car, would you trust Ebay as a source for something like a body kit? Any input would be very appreciated! Thanks! xx

I'd like to mod the look of my car, would you trust Ebay as a source for something like a body kit? Any input would be very appreciated! Thanks! xx

What model BMW do you have Brook ??

Edited by *Glenn*