Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Maddie gets new feet

The long awaited pictures of the new Borbet's on a E30 are nearly here.

Massive thanks to Jono (Zenetti) and Mag and Tyre Direct Petone for sorting me out a sharp price and fitting.

Wheels are Borbet Type A Replica's (15 x 8 ET15) wrapped in Nexen N2000's (205/55/15).

Small teaser just for kicks :P

Posted Image

About to go pop them on the car, more pictures to come.

- Nathan

Hurry up already!! :D

They look good.

Guest Simon*

Woooooooooooooo that's a healthy amount of dish there :P

Couldn't really tell from the publicity shots

ilike

wooooo badass, having a 55 wall will fill the guards better than expected i think!

Hurry the F up for crissake! I want to know if 15" look big enough.

Here we go, some quick snaps, ignore the to-do list on the windscreen :D wheels need some hubcentric rings, so when I get my suspension all done I will be going back for those and a wheel alignment (sadly will put the black bikkies back on later till the suspension is done :( car is still on 3 deg camber, looks cool but tyres aren't cheap so it will be back to 1.5 deg on the adjustable camber plates I think. Car isn't going at the moment, so it would obviously drop it down a lot more than the photos show if I had driven it around the block, but that's with 60mm drop springs on shortened Bilsteins looks like with 205/55's with a teeny bit of stretch. Car will soon have Race Series Koni's with Eibach 60mm springs in once I have sold the Bilsteins, so the drop shouldn't change I wouldn't think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Happy with how it looks, just needs clear indicators, redded tails, tech1 wing to be colorcoded and colorcoded mirrors and some eyebrows and I think we will be done :D

Also trainspotters will notice one wheel is on the wrong side, I just threw them on so don't flame me :P

Enjoy :)

Edited by Forrest

Also trainspotters will now one wheel is on the wrong side, I just threw them on so don't flame me :P

It doesnt take a trainspotter to notice youve put up four photos of the wheels on your floor !

[e] thats better....look good mate.

BTW I hope to be round tomorrow for the bonnet ;)

Edited by Penry

^ Edited, photobucket hates me today :D

Not convinced about my holesawing skills with that front lip either :s

Might have to throw the OEM one back on.

Think the thing it really needs is clear indicators...orange isn't loving me right now.

Edited by Forrest

Guest Simon*

They look better at 15" than I would have thought

nice work Nath, have a kitkat

Pimpin'

But needs Tech1 :ph34r: (Tech1 and Chrome make the orange alllll good).

Quick Q: How much space is there to the caliper with the Borbets on?

Well, having just rolled it back into the garage I can feel something rubbing :(

^ So JiB, I hope it's not the caliper, it was more a tyre rubbing sound on the strut so when I get it realigned to something better than -3deg hopefully that will fix it.

I wish I could afford tech1, but I need to stop spending money on cars and start enjoying them so clears will have to do for the moment.

Edited by Forrest

Put an I after the A in your # plate and go and crap on some e36's!

I like, except that I'm now convinced that I shouldn't get 15's. They look better than I thought, but I wouldn't be able to get the stretch look I'm after with that much tyre profile.

Still one of my favourite wheel designs, and look awesome.

Well, having just rolled it back into the garage I can feel something rubbing :(

^ So JiB, I hope it's not the caliper, it was more a tyre rubbing sound on the strut so when I get it realigned to something better than -3deg hopefully that will fix it.

Unfortunately, I'm 99% sure that when camber is adjusted with strut tops - the whole strut moves.

The relationship between tyre and strut does not change :(

Might pay to check though.

Yeeeaah!

Drop it now. Just a little, you know she will love it

^ It should drop some more once I have driven it when the springs compress a little more after being up on the jacks, I am stoked as with how they look, I just hope the tyre rubbing can be fixed <_<

Hmm, look dope- just needs less profile on tyre and a slight drop,mainly in the front.

I will take some pics on the flat with the springs compressed from driving around to get a true picture of how they sit soon, for the moment it is just sorting the rubbage.

Yeah, wondered about that, we use 15x7 with 15 offset, and don't have a lot of clearance. I'd have thought 15x8 should be around 10 or less?

Iv got 15x8 with ET12....no issues at all...

At this stage I will get a new wheel alignment, then maybe try some little 5mm slip on spacers (I think these are legal)