Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

E30 M325 Tech-II

Not exactly on TradeMe but you get the idea.

After searching high and low for the perfect E30, the following example is the best I have come across.

If he would budge on the price I would have bought it off him ages ago but I feel he is asking a bit much.

Was hoping to get a better idea of what you guys think this is worth.

Details:

• Manual
  • NZ New
  • 240,000 km
  • Hounds tooth interior, no rips.
  • Full service history & immacculately maintained by BMW fanatic (enthusiast would be an understatement)
  • Could use a fresh coat of paint but still in very good nick
  • Lachssliber-metalic

post-1976-1248326285_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1248326296_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1248326311_thumb.jpg

post-1976-1248326519_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazyarab

Is this the one in Dunners Atta?

Looks purty! If it's had the works done to it I wouldn't scoff at paying a bit more. Especially if the major stuff like engine work has been taken care of. Ask me how I know. :)

If its well looked after & given it's a good colour I would have thought a minimum of $12k. What's he asking for it?

Wow! What an example. Do want.

Judging by the two dogs on trade me atm that are 10k asking id say its worth a lot more than that. Mind you they havnt sold!

Was the car for sale or did you just approach him? If it wasnt for sale he may only sell for crazy coin. Common Atta, tell us how much he's asking? :D

Was the car for sale or did you just approach him? If it wasnt for sale he may only sell for crazy coin. Common Atta, tell us how much he's asking? :D

Was tipped off by the mechanics who did a pre-purchase inspection for me.

I did not really take the TradeMe examples seriously as I think they are dreaming especially considering their condition.

I know what Tech-I's are selling for, but I have never seen a Tech-II sell recently (probably because they are so rare) hence my reluctance. Judging from what has been said so far, the man is asking for a very reasonable price "9k and not a penny less".

But as I mentioned the car is not faultless. It could really use a fresh coat of paint all around and some cosmetic work here and there. The big plus is that the engine is solid as a rock form what I hear.

Hmmm

Edited by crazyarab

The man is asking for a very reasonable price "9k and not a penny less".

Can I have his number :P

Just jokes, I say go for it Atta. Just promise me first dibs when you sell it :D

Do it. If the engine is solid and the body is rust free then $9k is a good price..

Worked out how much mine has cost me so far and I'm pushing $11k, and it's no Tech II. Go on, do it and give those Alpina's a home! :D

Can I have his number :P

Just jokes, I say go for it Atta. Just promise me first dibs when you sell it :D

Hehe, well if I don't end up going ahead with it I will forward it on!

Hopefully find out by tomorrow.

$9k is cheap. I paid $8500 for mine 4 years ago which needed a lot of work even though it had only done 130ks. You'd be mad not to buy it

I agree. If I was in the market I'd buy that in a heartbeat at 9k as long as no material shortcomings (means rust).

NZ New tech2!! 9k!!

Do it! thats a great price.. and if it all turns to sh*t you can always sell it again for exactly what it owes you/a wee bit more :P

Cheers for the feedback guys.

Hopefully everything goes well and I will have another project thread opened up soon :wub:

How bad is the paint? It looks fine in the pics, but the internet is notorious for lying about paint condition?

How bad is the paint? It looks fine in the pics, but the internet is notorious for lying about paint condition?

Paint is mint (no fading/bubbling etc) but nearly every panel has some form of a slight ding/scratch in it, and the front is stone chipped as usual.

Rust free apart from the sun roof where I noticed a bit of bubbling, it's confined to the actual sun roof not the car body so worst case I have to replace the sun roof bit only. Hell Henry probably has a spare one for me ;)

Edited by crazyarab

Don't think you can do much better than that Atta, go for it :)

As said so many times before, do it! And quickly, I leave Spags in a little over a week so I expect to see it before I leave :P

If you can’t afford it or don’t think its worth it can I have his details?

If you can’t afford it or don’t think its worth it can I have his details?

Join the the far que :D

Post #6 & 8#

Paint is mint (no fading/bubbling etc)

IMHO, you most definitely cannot expect more at that price given the apparent condition of the rest of the car.

Buy it and then you can join the Lachssliber club lol

Seriously looks like a hell of a car for that price!

Guest Simon*

Looks so good on the weaves it would be a crime to put fake Alpinas on it. Go no bigger than 16" :D

Mint car. Buy it

Offer him $8999.95