Sign in to follow this  
kurtyb

!CRAZY! YOU GOT TO SEE THIS! E30s at their best

^^ Why don't more people drift E30's??

They look better than most jap cars, sound way better, no turbo to worry about (unless i'm mistaken).

Wheres the downsides????

Kinda makes me want one....

Lawl :rolleyes:

Downside - they have no turbo to worry about. To be competitive, power is essential. They are marked on speed and smoke amongst other things. Power is needed for this.

E30's have comparatively pathetic power. Turbo'ing an E30 is an involving exercise - turbo'ing a Silvia involves buying a turbo motor and bolting it in. Everything pretty much lined up when I helped with a turbo conversion.

Downside - E30's aren't as lego-like as Nissans, you can't just bolt in parts from other cars to make a really really fast one.

Downside - Short wheel base will make it less easy to hold in a slide

Downside - E30's rear suspension is positively agricultural compared to multi-link Silvias and the like. More tuning needed to keep up

Downside - E30 wheels are a pain in the arse to find good fitment. There's plenty in 4x114.3 and 5x114.3

Downside - They have the aerodynamics of a brick, drift boys seem all caught up about Aero. I don't know why.

Downside - A redlining M20 sounds a bit anemic compared to a big Japanese turbo 6.

At the end of the day, it probably doesn't matter what you drive, as long as you can drive it well. The blokes in Europe can sure drive their E30s!

But for the do-a-skid-bro population here - a long wheelbase turbo cefiro is going to be a lot easier to hold skids in I think.

What JIB said is pretty much dead on. I found the E30's to be very snappy and unpredictable at higher speeds. This was due to the short wheel base.

There is one E30 drifter in NZ. But that car has a Nissan RB20DET in it. Never seen it run myself.

But as for the burnouts and stunts on the front page. Meh. Nothing new.

This is a drifting stunt show. No doubt where the African guy got his idea. Cars a little more powerful than an E30.

Edited by driftit

Seen that. Crazy manji. Lawl- Silvia, silvia, silvia, silvia, silvia, skyline

What JIB said is pretty much dead on. I found the E30's to be very snappy and unpredictable at higher speeds. This was due to the short wheel base.

There is one E30 drifter in NZ. But that car has a Nissan RB20DET in it. Never seen it run myself.

But as for the burnouts and stunts on the front page. Meh. Nothing new.

This is a drifting stunt show. No doubt where the African guy got his idea. Cars a little more powerful than an E30.

Ive seen one with an RB30 in it that was supposed to be a drifter.