Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

Summit Rd Run

Dude your acting like a douche. Especially on BFC. Oh you drive like one too.

Edited by 320guy

Sweet video. <-- yes thats a full stop...

Not everyone is going to have the same opinion as with everything in life so i dont think this should turn into a big flame war because for some of you its just not your cup of tea.

Such harsh criticism against something somebody enjoys doesn't usually get anywhere either, and in this case from my point of view wont change a thing.

not sure how much sense that makes as im half asleep but im sure you get the jist lol..

Drove that road yesterday morning. The clouds were right down on the deck so there was maybe 5 metre visibility. It is a scary road to drive in such conditions. What makes it worse is when there are F***ing cyclists without lights in the middle of the fog. Anyway, awesome video. Quick question: How did you mount your camera?

Fog is certainly a factor I don't deal with when doing a run up there, way too dodgy.

And the camera is just like this, international standard 3 leg tripod with adjustable legs and removable mount, jammed in behind the seats and on the back seat.

post-1573-1250380894_thumb.jpg

I'm very impressed at how well your e30 copes with being thrown around that hard, very good work with the suspension. No judgement on the driving dude, would like to see some track vids though :ph34r:

It is incredibly agile for a road car, I don't know many others that could be driven with disregard for steering speed like this.

And the track video will be coming Mid-September. Will have power oversteer on every corner of Ruapuna if things go to plan.

I must admit, I'd be terrified of the camera punching me in the head with that setup.

If that's the same Velbon I had, they don't like being mistreated/subjected to largish forces :wacko: Mine cracked at the screw after some urban work I did (arc shots with camera attached, etc), I was lucky my camera didn't come off the tripod!

Either way, it did work surprisingly well.

I must admit, I'd be terrified of the camera punching me in the head with that setup.

If that's the same Velbon I had, they don't like being mistreated/subjected to largish forces :wacko: Mine cracked at the screw after some urban work I did (arc shots with camera attached, etc), I was lucky my camera didn't come off the tripod!

Either way, it did work surprisingly well.

Oh yeah? Haha I got this tripod for free :D and I'm impressed with the quality, I use it a lot with a SLR too. The tripod doesn't move at all when jammed in properly, although I don't intend to test this in a rollover accident..

At least if the camera goes flying around the cabin, I know it will survive

M325i - Now in HD

Most random video evaaaar. Enjoy the funky techo pop

What camera are you using? Fairly impressive video :)

Btw, that's a very brave camera man on the outside of the corner. :wacko:

This car is the most fun thing evar :lol:

That was just taken on a Nokia N95, forgot to bring the HD camera <_<

And the camera man is one of my oldest friends who has been through so many driving related extreme adventures that he has 110% faith in myself. Loooolllll cheesey sorry.

Lol, that’s me on the way home from getting dinner and I still don’t spill my super large drink from Wendy’s (a Burger place that we have in Auckland)

Hahaha nice! It is definitely a daily thing in a E30.

Go try it on a cliff road though to get the heart rate up :D

Try it? Mate, I think we have all tried it, how about go try it on a race track with double the power and an ability to hold a consecutive drift through 5 corners.. :lol:

I 'linked dup' 4 corners with 170hp on the track. Big power hides sloppy technique.