Sign in to follow this  
piriaka

New Tyres Due - E39

Hi all

Hey, I am due for new tyres all round before next WOF. Car has Michie Pilots on at moment.

I'd value advice about what options I should consider.

Whilst we don't race then car, we enjoy punting it along - and do a lot of travel over the Para Paras (Wanganui - Taumarunui)

16 inch - 225/55 is the size

Thanks all

Regards

Ray

I'm a fan of Yokohama but others here have more experience then I. I'm sure you will get plenty of good advice.

Edited by Penry

Hi all

Hey, I am due for new tyres all round before next WOF. Car has Michie Pilots on at moment.

I'd value advice about what options I should consider.

Whilst we don't race then car, we enjoy punting it along - and do a lot of travel over the Para Paras (Wanganui - Taumarunui)

16 inch - 225/55 is the size

Thanks all

Regards

Ray

Hi Ray

What are you looking for in a tyre? Is performance your biggest prerequisite? Or Longevity? etc

If you want a good all round tyre the Bridgestone RE001 Adrenaline is a very good option.

The other tyre I would consider is the new Goodyear Excellence.

Both options are class leading tyres

cheers

Jono

Edited by zenetti

Hi Ray

If you want a good all round tyre the Bridgestone RE001 Adrenaline is a very good option.

cheers

Jono

Got these on the 323, would buy again. They have been a great tyre

My mate has RE001's on his E30 and his Dad has them on his EVO 7, seem to be sweet tyres for fast, hard driving, both said they were awesome.

Go for them :)

Thanks, Guys - I guess I want it all!! Seems the Bridgestone RE001 Adrenalin. And not that I want to just spend $$$, but interested no one suggested Michies, Pirellis or Continentals - would there be any significant benefits on NZ roads with any of these??

Regards

Ray

Thanks Westy and Forrest - you know the road?? I do it about once a week at least on average

Ray

I lived in Wanganui untill I was about 13. I remember the road being an absolute shocker in mums Datto 120y ha.

That was back in the mid 80s.

The few times I've been back since it has improved beyond recognition.

Thanks Westy and Forrest - you know the road?? I do it about once a week at least on average

Ray

Every time I go north I go that way, so much fun. If you ever see a $20 note green E30 fly past...give me a toot :D

... during the week, in my works car - 2009 Hyundai Accent!! (diesel that is)

Hey Ray,

I've got Continental Conti sports on my e39 540 & they are awesome.

BUT-they are around $700 each(needless to say they were on the car when I bought it LOL)

While they are very expensive I'm told they are good for very big mileages.

Thanks everyone - looks .like it will be Bridgestones. Them Contis seem exe!!

Will test the Bridgestones on them Para Paras. When I told my Dad I do Wanga Vegas to Taumarunui in two hours, he wasn't very happy.Thought I was thrashing it!! He was used to the trip in a Morry 8 in the '50's when it took at least four hours!!

Regards

Ray

I'm after some tyres soon, this time want to go for something quiet but still sporty. From the reviews I read Yokohama AVS dB decibel, Yokohama Advan sport, Falkens ZE912, FK452, seems to be like good choices.

I would go for Bridgestone RE050a or RE001 for something sporty, but not sure if these will be quiet. And the Bridgestone have shallow tread depth on either side, which means after a while, both the outer edge will be bold.

Go the Bridgestone Re001, by far the best for the price. although it wont last as ong as the Re050/A