Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Whats wrong with CHROME?!

Just wanting to know. Why are so many of you anti-chrome? I reckon Chrome is what makes a BMW!? Otherwise BMW wouldnt have Chrome from factory? Just looking for opinions. Mine is, that Chrome is wicked, if used properly...:) But HEY thats MY opinion...whats yours?!

Factory chrome grills on BMW's are fine,

Just the tacky chrome wheels some noobs put on their BMWs = not fine.

My opinion anyway.

Chrome is fine on cars from the 80's or older.

Chrome is fine on things like Toilet fittings and tools.

Chrome is fine on wheels as long as they are not full faced and hideous like 95% of them.

Chrome grill and chrome bumpers = :wub:

Chrome wheels = :thumbsdown:

Chrome is good in the right proportions. Too much just looks wrong and ricey

How is chrome ricey though? I thought rice was, performance wanna-be enhancements eg- BIG wings, Shopping list on doors, Bonnet scoops on non-turbos, roof scoops, etc.

I can see what you mean by going overboard with it, but Chromes can sometimes look better than plain alloy rims. But I guess it also depends on what else has been done to the car? If the engine isnt souped up, and car is build for show, then Chromes is the way to go.... :unsure:

Factory chrome grills on BMW's are fine,

But the old E30s have factory chrome around the windows and doors...so thats 2 things from factory and having chrome rims can help set the factory chrome off (make it more noticable)...well I think anyway.

Just say no.

Polished is ok, chrome isn't.

But the old E30s have factory chrome around the windows and doors...so thats 2 things from factory and having chrome rims can help set the factory chrome off (make it more noticable)...well I think anyway.

Just,

No.

Nothing goes well with chrome wheels.

If you think it does, Got any examples?

How is chrome ricey though? I thought rice was, performance wanna-be enhancements eg- BIG wings, Shopping list on doors, Bonnet scoops on non-turbos, roof scoops, etc.

I can see what you mean by going overboard with it, but Chromes can sometimes look better than plain alloy rims. But I guess it also depends on what else has been done to the car? If the engine isnt souped up, and car is build for show, then Chromes is the way to go.... :unsure:

There is a certain limit each car can handle on chrome.

It looks wrong on an E30. For your honda its fine but not an E30

Chrome looks soo cheap and tacky. Accents of chrome can look alright, like the BMW grill.

Noting wrong with Chrome :rolleyes: go with it, make it your CAR!

say no to chrome lol

and you will be fine

the style these days seems to be black mags with a polished lip/dish :)

the right chrome wheels on the right car is nice, just you only see that once in a blue moon.

40" Chromies

Posted Image

Star Trek Chromies

Posted Image

e46 M3 Chromies

Posted Image

They straight balla

Oh and the chrome wheels really bring out the.. errr..... Chrome... On this mean whip

Posted Image

Edited by KSMYRS

. my bad

Edited by Indecorous

Shady, you'll mature, just like I did.

I used to love chrome.

I dislike it now.

I'll give you a year...

Shady, you'll mature, just like I did.

I used to love chrome.

I dislike it now.

I'll give you a year...

I must be going back to myn second childhood :rolleyes:

Haha MS_BM. Its for Show. One day my 318i will have some Go. As my Honda, thats gonna be sold soon, I bought it had troubles with the guy transporting it so I just wanna get rid of it (not gonna get into the story be here all night) so anways.

And as for the fully Chromed out pic on page 1- HOLY S--T. :wacko:

Ugly Chrome Mags = Wrong.

The kind of chromes you see on "da lowar'd hilux'z boi" flatpeak cap douchebaggery chromes are unnaceptable.

the chromes that come on an E90 M3, Totally acceptable. (if you could really call them "chromes")

Guest FrantiC

Probably cos chrome is associated with bling and riced up cars it's kind of a bad name, and the fact 99% of chrome mags are hideous.

The ONLY exception IMO would be chrome BBS RS's..

Other wise, Polished or anything BUT chrome really.. Chrome is pretty much rice. Not trying to offend anyone, bit of rice in all of us (For god sake I have rice door trim :rolleyes: ). But in small proprtions it's sweet.. "Fat chromes" are just noooo..

Edited by FrantiC

Because big chrome wheels are associated with disillusioned teenagers that either;

a). think they are 'gangsta' (This is very common amongst kids in rich suburbs, which is laughable).

or,

B). think that chrome makes their $3k car ultra luxurious.

or,

c). both of the above.

Hence why it is *rare* to find cars worth over 25-30k sporting chromes!

Chromes ok..... if you like attention from 16 year old girls that would normally be seen in a different car each week cruising town. Once you pass 18 years old its really pointless to have chrome wheels. you cant show them off once your in the clubs.

^ Agreed.

IMO chrome only belongs on body trim and dish for wheels :)

Oh and in before the lock :ph34r:

My Definition of a chrome wheel is as follows ............( see picture )

Needs to be on a proper classic car with genuine knock off hubs the whole potato.

People seem to miss the point the fact that even if chrome wheels had no chrome on them they would still be ugly and as useless as tits on a bull.

However there is also some very nice wheels that are highly polished or shiny ( simialr to chrome ) like the Weld Prostar drag wheel

post-1885-1249880763_thumb.jpg

post-1885-1249881473_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jimmy