Sign in to follow this  
Shady

Whats wrong with CHROME?!

However there is also some very nice wheels that are highly polished or shiny ( simialr to chrome ) like the Weld Prostar drag wheel

I can sorta see your point you say here. BUT, Polished rims are so damn hard to keep shiney & clean. Chromed rims are way more simpler...just wash often and be fine. Polished whole different story.

i like shadow chrome that bmw's came stock with.

but that shiny ass bling bling bullsh*t hurts my eyes..

I can sorta see your point you say here. BUT, Polished rims are so damn hard to keep shiney & clean. Chromed rims are way more simpler...just wash often and be fine. Polished whole different story.

I have no problems what so ever keeping my wheels clean and shiny , machined face and polished dish, sure if you let them oxidise ( that would take a long time) then youd have trouble but nothing a bit of auto sol and elbow grease cant fix then your back to easy street again

Edit: spelling

Edited by Matty104

Look. You're digging yourself a hole.

Best to avoid the conversation of chrome rims on bimmersport.

If you keep pushing on it I suggest you take your claims somewhere else...

like here. http://allchromedout.com/

I feel chrome rims degrade a car now. Especially BMW's.

Who cares what others put on their cars.

Oh noes. These chromies sure do degrade this M3 and the 135i next to it.

Posted Image

Interesting definitions of "rice" in here...then I guess => oh dear those silly ricers are at it again:

Posted Image

I had chrome wheels on my 180. But they were not your typical mag&turbo kiwi mags.

SSR SP1 3 piece. Jap made.

Posted Image

There is plenty on nice wheels for the E30s. When it comes to wheels. Size is not everything. Offset is.

Edited by driftit

They look quite nice on the 180.

_b

More good chrome...

Posted Image

Its all about how you use it.

"2TOUGH"

Hahahaha.

Only chrome rims which I feel do not degrade Bmws are the Oem's and bbs rs.

I should have added that in earlier, knew someone would add it in.

i have chromes on my e36 but not over the top gay ones, just a nice deepdish 5 spoke rim. i think they look ok on my car because the rest of it is so shiney but im am looking to go polished lip with black face

It is kind of like the TopGear wall where they place the cars at either end in regards to whether they are cool or not.

Any car that any footballer has bought is now uncool!

Now that chrome is EVERYWHERE and mainly used by certain individuals (anyone who knows me well will know what sort of individuals I am pointing at) Chrome is now uncool.

Im not trying to push that Chromes are mean or gangsta whatever. I was just after opinions. We are all entitled to our own opinions and I accepted your guys & girls op's so accept mine! And yes, having Chromes can make or break the car. And that Torana, I have to admit, looks so wrong with the Chromes - should be Polished. Its a muscle car - not a roller.

Edited by Shady

Im not trying to push that Chromes are mean or gangsta whatever. I was just after opinions. We are all entitled to our own opinions and I accepted your guys & girls op's so accept mine! And yes, having Chromes can make or break the car. And that Torana, I have to admit, looks so wrong with the Chromes - should be Polished. Its a muscle car - not a roller.

e30s look wrong with chromies too unless they are bbs rs's only exception.......drop subject now anyway....

Thanks everyone for slacking off chrome haha

im still trying to sell myn

And i think the lack of interest in my wheels on trademe just goes to show the lack of interest in chrome in general.

There is no market for it.

Everyone is over it.

And i think the lack of interest in my wheels on trademe just goes to show the lack of interest in chrome in general.

There is no market for it.

Everyone is over it.

Yeah now it's all about Black face, polished lips.

Baaaaaa Baaaaaaaa.

Guess it could be worse. At least we don't follow as many horrid car trends as the Aussies.

so true,

And even the polished lip is nearly over, although i still like it.

Ew,

Aussie is terrible.

They dont even have trends?

Just cars

Widened bottlecaps?

14x11 phat az.

In short... It's not so much the chrome, but the style of wheel that generally come chrome.

e.g, look on trade me and see if there are any chromes that would look good any other colour, post on here and i feel that no one will mind (as much). As driftit showed with his 180sx wheels.

I think you should make some more threads like this:

-What's wrong with CAMO?!

-What's wrong with CUT SPRINGS?!

-What's wrong with ROTARY BMWS?!

You'd be a braver man than I lol :P

I think you should make some more threads like this:

-What's wrong with CAMO?!

-What's wrong with CUT SPRINGS?!

-What's wrong with ROTARY BMWS?!

You'd be a braver man than I lol :P

No way! Putting a Rotor in a BMW is a disgrace. OK, I get the point 99% of people on here hate Chromes on BMWs, but a Rotor in a BMW? Thats even lower. :P

Camo? nevermind that...go the Matt! haha

And Cutties...ahhh. been there done that. One thing I hated was the constant knocking cos the springs werent captive. And then a month or so later, got a Pinky...not cool anymore.

Edited by Shady