Sign in to follow this  
zenetti

15x7 E30 Basketweaves

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi everyone

We are looking at getting some 15x7 Basketweaves made. they will be 4x100 and probably a 20ET.

I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on colours and what colours you would like to see available.

The wheels are primarily for the E30 race class, but will be available to anyone.

Please do not post any comments about different sizes or widths, I am only interested in genuine feedback.

EDIT: have added offset question too.

Cheers

Jono

Edited by zenetti

no idea if this practical...

get them in the cheapest option, then do a deal with a local painter and have a fee for painting the wheels to the customers choice...

None. Would suck if everyone could have basket weaves!!

Im happy to lend mine for prototyping If I can borrow a set of Alpina’s Jono :lol:

no idea if this practical...

get them in the cheapest option, then do a deal with a local painter and have a fee for painting the wheels to the customers choice...

haha - not practical at all!! painting is approx $5 overseas whereas it is almost $100 per wheel here!!We will probably end up bringing in a couple of colours I think.

Edited by zenetti

None. Would suck if everyone could have basket weaves!!

Im happy to lend mine for prototyping If I can borrow a set of Alpina’s Jono :lol:

Thanks for the offer Graham - very kind of you :D

Unfortunately the mold is almost ready to go so all the tooling has been done!

Do you have a rough indication on price as well Jono?

No indication on pricing yet - but expect them to be as sharp as our pricing normally is

Silver.

Why not ET15 if that's the most the series guys can run (and maybe then they would fit the 2002 if they had good brake clearance :ph34r: ).

Silver.

Why not ET15 if that's the most the series guys can run (and maybe then they would fit the 2002 if they had good brake clearance :ph34r: ).

+1 for et15, but would like mine in gold with silver lip please. :)

Cam - it was my understanding the +15 et rubbed on guards quite badly. Perhaps the race series guys could correct me here??????

We have to fold up the little lip on the back guards on the facelift cars, but once that's done they're fine, better still on the prefacelift cars.

been holding out ages for a good set :)

Edited by Jamez

I'd want a silver set, I allready have 14" weaves, but 15" would look so much better.

If you can't decide on what colour, just get one of each colour... your car has 4 wheels after all :P

Edited by antil33t

Voted silver but if you want a wheel that is something different from stock weaves you can't go past. silver or gold with polished lip.

I can show you what my silver polished lip wheel looks like, it's beautifully subtle. To do this would only add a small additional cost component to the manufacturing process.

TBH I am motivated entirely by self-interest, but I know FL guys can get the ET15 to work and David says how.

A lot of the guys are running the et15 rims, and no one has any ongoing issues with rubbing that I know of now. We push the cars pretty hard thru the corners, and if there was going to be a problem, we would have found it.

ps, would like a set please.

Edited by Silver Fox

Gold with polished lip. Would pre pay a set if you can get them in that colour.

Gold in ET15....if they fit my brakes....which they probably won't :(