Sign in to follow this  
Surge

Towbar + Accessories

Hi All,

Specifically after a towbar to fit a 1990 E30 325i (thats been bastardised by a ricer, pics sometime this week...) So will be needing a number of interior pieces to correct the "custom interior detailing....." Complete interior would be a good start! Let us know what you have got, someone must be wrecking an E30..

Theres a e30 for parts in the For Sale section. There was another one on trademe that I was thinking of bidding on, but it has been withdrawn.

I gotta tow bar off an early e30 bolts on to the spare wheel well with a plate under bumper bolted through into the boot, not sure if its the same but you can have it if you arrange collection. I also have an e30 interior condition depends on what you need let me know and I'll see if I can help.

sweet

I have some interior parts Surge, I could send them down with your bumper, just give me an idea of what your after.Also there is a 320 parts car on Trade Me down your way ( reserve $500, closes Wednesday)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies, Graeme hold that bumper in the mean time (for a few days!) until I get this car in the flesh so I can see exactly what I need to source.

Jonty, Don't suppose you have a picture of that towbar, also if you know - What is the tow rating of it.

I'll post pictures of it when I get the car in "my rides" section.... I'm sure you'll have a good laugh at what this guys done to the interior.

Surge, I will get a photo for you later this week have no idea what the tow rating would be not a heap I would imagine, it was off a uk imported 316 coupe and I am not even sure if it was factory, pics up soon.

Here are some pics of what the current view from the drivers seat is like.

Imagine the whole area of the dash was covered with this white sticky-outy plastic (which it was) and that I had enough self control to own the car for less than 12 hours before removing it with a screwdriver and pliers....

post-12-1103103450.jpg

Edited by Surge

Middle Section (notice the glue stuck to the dash, should be easy to remove though)

Also where the previous owner has "customised" the lower half by spray painting it.

post-12-1103103613.jpg

Edited by Surge

The previous owner apologized to us about not having the other black pillar in matching white (Because his custom gauge pod got nicked!)

sometimes I wish I had a custom gauge pod :jap: (sarcasm)

post-12-1103103760.jpg

Edited by Surge

"Slap some 6x9's in there ou"

The previous owner had realised 6x9s would not fit, so he cut the rear parcel tray until the lower half of them did... However they could not be screwed in due to the botched cutting, so they bounced ontop of these holes.

Anyone got a parcel tray?? E30 - facelift, 4dr.

post-12-1103103833.jpg

Edited by Surge

I've already removed the lower centre console (that surrounds the gear stick) in order to paint it black from the white - that graced most of the front half of this car.. O and metallic blue air vents and dash surrounds! - one air vent drivers side does not move as it stuck with paint.

post-12-1103104125.jpg

Behold, the "sports exhaust" - Near impossible to have a conversation inside the car without shouting. Will sell on trademe to a Skyline/Evo/Subby owner, or more likely a 4cylinder hot hatch owner.

post-12-1103104332.jpg

Why I brought the car. Thankfully he hadn't got to the outside, Bar one thing...

He had removed one windscreen wiper for "the touring car look" and placed it on the passenger side wipermount - thus resulting in a wiper at standstill that stopped right bang in the middle of the windscreen. Both wipers have been attached now and the car looks normal from the outside.

post-12-1103104492.jpg

grant and gus tried to get my tow bar off and failed misrably haha

that interior is yuk man i menai can b quite open to some 'mods' that most would hate but thats yuk wrong

there is absolutly no class there

So... I'm after the following:

2x Far left, and right air vents (and surrounding brackets)

1x Instrument panel surround

4x Plastic internal door sills (the bits which hold the carpet down)

1x Electric window up/down switch for centre console (preferably lighted)

1x Glovebox, and all required mountings.

1x Rear parcel tray + factory speaker covers.

1x Dash, May need one.. Depends how this one comes up.

Bound to be more stuff I require, so I'll keep editing this post.

Figured I best enquire here before I get ripped by the wreckers.

Thanks for your help.

BTW - Car is 1990 325i SE 4dr

looks nice..def not unsaveable! when you get a parcel tray, go to repco and get carpet paint and paint it black....looks 10x better and is very durable. for the exhaust take the opportunity to get a full 2.5" pipe the whole way back....i wish i had done as with all the welding and sh*t that had to go on my stock exhaust cost a lot more than it should. nice sideskirts though...pity its missing the front lip! post more pics when ya done

At least it was BMW colours. :wacko: Will have a hunt around, I might have the odd interior bit.

So... I'm after the following:

2x Far left, and right air vents (and surrounding brackets)

1x Instrument panel surround

4x Plastic internal door sills (the bits which hold the carpet down)

1x Electric window up/down switch for centre console (preferably lighted)

1x Glovebox, and all required mountings.

1x Rear parcel tray + factory speaker covers.

1x Dash, May need one.. Depends how this one comes up.

Bound to be more stuff I require, so I'll keep editing this post.

Figured I best enquire here before I get ripped by the wreckers.

Thanks for your help.

BTW - Car is 1990 325i SE 4dr

I have everything apart from the glovebox & a couple of the door sills.Also I have a centre console, if painting yours black doesn't work out for you.The only prob is getting it all down to you :( Anyone from Auckland going to Christchurch for their holidays want to help out?? Edited by gmccormack

I gotta glovebox if you want it, but again anyone going to chch :bounce:

Graeme, if you've got the centre console please add it to the package - this one's had far to many coats of paint, ain't looking good.

Also regarding my current dash, I managed to get the white plastic bubble layer crap off but it's right royally stuffed up the rest of it.. So I'll be needing that thanks.

Jonty, that glovebox sounds good.

Providing you can box these items up, I can send up some courier tickets, who will pick it up no matter what size it is - so it's cool.

Can you please PM me with some total prices (being fair and reasonable of course!) or we can barter with some PC-shizmo - http://www.surgepc.co.nz (if thats down your alley..)

Thanks for all the help guys. :D