Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Photo resizing and the Gallery

Guest Simon*

Due to bandwidth limitations and more importantly for ease of viewing photos in the forum I have put up this thread to help members with resizing and posting images.

The following links are very handy little tools (especially the first one) which once installed allow you to resize batches of images simply by highlighting the files and right clicking -> "Resize pictures" and picking one of the available sizes.

Microsoft WinXP Image resizer tool

Third party right-click resizer for Win XP 32, 64 bit, Vista, Win 7

MS Image resizer clone for Vista and non-XP OS

PixResizer - does batch resizing also

Secondly, for those who are not used to, or keen on using a photosharing host like imageshack, photobucket, flickr, picasa or the like, Bimmersport does have a gallery facility which allows you to do exactly the same thing. There is a link to the Gallery at the top of each page, or even easier is the "My Albums" link. From here you can create new or add to existing albums and quickly upload photos with captions etc. Once uploaded you are provided with an html link for each picture that you can paste between tags (using the insert image button at the top of each new post window. For those who weren't sure this allows you to "link in" full size images in your threads rather than uploading pictures with the Attachments button below and only displaying thumbnails.

Example:

* from my album I select a picture and copy the "Image Link" at the side

* click the "Inset Image" button above to show the gallery_2351_200_275279.jpg

Edited by Simon*

Guest Simon*

I'm bumping this because there are still some ridiculously large photos being posted.

If all else fails, open the things in MS Paint in: Start -> Accessories and hit "CTRL W" to play with the image size

C'mon people it's not that hard. I don't want to pan all over the show to see them. 1024 x 768 px is probably big enough for the forum

Thanks

ok, i dont want to seem blonde in anyway, but i am having issues with trying to upload photos, even at the recommended sizes?

For some reason my photo 'upload' option has been disabled?

Can some one help with this please. i have already pm a cuple of administrators but have had no responses..

please help. ta

regards

travis