Sign in to follow this  
kerry

bimmer for ever

Troy reckons after testing that spare ECU of yours that his original ECU made his m50 a bit better.. You should knick his ECU for a while and put it in your rocketship and take it for a skid... See what difference it makes...

But then again, maybe it's all in his head <_<

oh dude once i save a lil like say heaps haha il just go get remaped in the end its cheaper than link and will get best results pos , i think his 405 that hes got was made for the e34 for more torque and the one ive got seems to rev harder? .

What ECU are we talking here? An original M50 one? I have a spare ECU now if you need ;)

hey man yea thats what im running now, ive tryed about 6 or so but cant get it right without a good tune , either to lean at top end or to rich so il just get either remaped or if i win loto get a link .

Finally made the jump! Good shot of the car man.

Cmon tell everyone whats under the bonnet!!! or keep it a big secret and let people guess.....

thanks jase , yea thought i may as well get on here and see what the .... goes on . hows the sw goin

Oh true fair enough man, is the ecu your running now for an M50 b20 b25 or what? Could be different tunes between the M50s and the M52's/M54's

This is where people come to waste time and talk about cars they dont really own..

The wagon is alright, bilsteins in now. Rides mint!

Oh true fair enough man, is the ecu your running now for an M50 b20 b25 or what? Could be different tunes between the M50s and the M52's/M54's

the ecu i have now is the bosh 403 m50 b25 but ive tryed a heap of others in my yard and no good without a tune man. after all im staying away from ews on obd2 system.

This is where people come to waste time and talk about cars they dont really own..

The wagon is alright, bilsteins in now. Rides mint!

ok so were is the good convo at... glad to here

the ecu i have now is the bosh 403 m50 b25 but ive tryed a heap of others in my yard and no good without a tune man. after all im staying away from ews on obd2 system.

Ah ok im not sure what version my one is but im sure you will have one the same if you have a yard full haha. But your welcome to try it, sounds like a chip will be the way to go aye. What issues are the M50 ecu's causing?

Ah ok im not sure what version my one is but im sure you will have one the same if you have a yard full haha. But your welcome to try it, sounds like a chip will be the way to go aye. What issues are the M50 ecu's causing?

no major issues at all really , cold start is a ok and warm up is good so is hot but a lil rich, putting the rite specs at the right time is got to be a must as far as i see it and im sure that it will improve heaps , looks like you have some good hp . any tips

no major issues at all really , cold start is a ok and warm up is good so is hot but a lil rich, putting the rite specs at the right time is got to be a must as far as i see it and im sure that it will improve heaps , looks like you have some good hp . any tips

Oh thats not so bad then, mine always ran rather rich with the factory ecu and have noticed it does now also with the link. Have done away with idle control valve though and not sure how good a condition the O2 sensor is.

Yea mine goes pretty good aye mate, you would need to look down the forced induction path lol

Oh thats not so bad then, mine always ran rather rich with the factory ecu and have noticed it does now also with the link. Have done away with idle control valve though and not sure how good a condition the O2 sensor is.

Yea mine goes pretty good aye mate, you would need to look down the forced induction path lol

i would love to . i know whats involved but i have 12.3-1 comp. aitn guna hapen with this one , i have a 330 engine i could get hype with though

i would love to . i know whats involved but i have 12.3-1 comp. aitn guna hapen with this one , i have a 330 engine i could get hype with though

I say do it ;)

the 330 engine i mean haha

I say do it ;)

the 330 engine i mean haha

lol yea i have it in a safe place for now . .

Good stuff Kerry! Good to see you on the forum by the way. You will enjoy it here.

thanks man not to sure how to use yet but il get there

Welcome to Bimmersport, nice looking car you have there.

So it’s a 2.8 out of a E36/46? Must go quite well in a straight line!

Welcome to Bimmersport, nice looking car you have there.

So it’s a 2.8 out of a E36/46? Must go quite well in a straight line!

hi , thanks man yea it goes quite good , its a m52 tu block with m54 head, vanos deleted and running m50 manifold.

Welcome kerry.

Here's where your old m20 ended up.

It has a decent tune now thanks to Gavin (was detonating something chronic). Still some things to wrinkle out, but plenty of fun.

Welcome kerry.

Here's where your old m20 ended up.

It has a decent tune now thanks to Gavin (was detonating something chronic). Still some things to wrinkle out, but plenty of fun.

oh hey graham , yea it was heaps of fun i miss it , detonating weird i thought from the dyno sheets i got it was all good? guess you cant always trust technicians. glad to here its ok tho and still kicking around. good work

The M50 DME will not run the M52Tu/M54 properly because it cant controll twin vanos motors. Thats where your tuning issues lie. You need the correct DME for the car or get one coded to suit. Talk to Wayne @ EFI Tech on the North Shore

BTW: Welcome to the forum Kerry...nice car :D

Edited by *Glenn*

The M50 DME will not run the M52Tu/M54 properly because it cant controll twin vanos motors. Thats where your tuning issues lie. You need the correct DME for the car or get one coded to suit. Talk to Wayne @ EFI Tech on the North Shore

BTW: Welcome to the forum Kerry...nice car :D

Vanos has been removed.

He just needs his current one remapped for the bigger engine and higher compression pretty much.

Vanos has been removed.

He just needs his current one remapped for the bigger engine and higher compression pretty much.

Got it

Great conversion, I was toying with doing that using a 330 engine. A remap should sort it all out ....talk to Gavin

Edited by *Glenn*

Got it

Great conversion, I was toying with doing that using a 330 engine. A remap should sort it all out ....talk to Gavin

cheers glen, i have a 330 engine here if i destroy this one, hopefully i wont need to tho,....... hmmm, yea im going to touch base with gavin in the near future.