Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

For the Bike fans

I was never a balius fan to be honest...bros650 works for me though :D

The little kwaka screaming fours were bloody cool though, I have fond memories of raping zxr250a and c's and even honduh cbr250 [be it mc19 or 22] all were brilliant, so was the 3ln fzr250.

Not that I'm a bike nut or anything....

Get a vfr

They are tough looking bikes the Balius'. And with a noise like that.... Ohh it's cream inducing. (I welded a straight through, 800 gram, carbon fibre exhaust on it to get that sound)

A lot of veteran riders thought it was a 600+cc. It goes amazingly for a 250 however. And a 10cm shorter wheelbase than the ZXR gave it a nice handling advantage.

Those CBR250rr's are amazing for a 250, bet you had fun on that haha.

I sold the bike to pay for Uni sadly. If I ever get some spare cash I'd get a GSXR600 or a CBR600R, both amazing sport bikes.

Will include picture:

*And I LOVE people with their boring desk job, who speed on the way home, and don't love there family, hate their life, and wish they were young again, and get pissed off by anyone under 30, who rate youtube videos 1 star, thinking it has a massive effect while grinning to themselves and hiding in anonymity.

Not saying it's anyone here however :)

post-1573-1251763497.jpg

Edited by Incary

Guest Simon*

*And I LOVE people with their boring desk job, who speed on the way home, and don't love there family, hate their life, and wish they were young again, and get pissed off by anyone under 30, who rate youtube videos 1 star, thinking it has a massive effect while grinning to themselves and hiding in anonymity.

Not saying it's anyone here however :)

weird :wacko:

Not a fan of these bikes either I'm afraid, but I didn't vote on your video :D

I remember the balius' did 31hp at the wheel. Hers my last 250, I just sold it. Sick of 34hp at the tread, rather have 70 again [at the tread]

The balius did go ok for a 250 =D

I've ridden them all and I prefer the cbr250rr mc22, almost as fun as a vfr400/rvf400.

I found the cbr/zxr handle better than a balius, better suspension makes a huge difference. They also handled better than my old 250, and went a bit better. Mine was only good for 175-180k

post-4655-1251765061.jpg

Edited by dirtydoogle

Yeah Vtwins certainly lack that top end pull. The Balius is pushing 190-200 in the vid, the ZXR is good for 210+, even 230 with a draft from me hahaha.

You are most likely right about the handling, never went to a racetrack on it, but it sure did huss the Summit Rd with fast handling and great road holding.

Bring on a 600! You make it sound much more fun. I just know I'd wheelie for km's at a time though haha

that was awesome simply awesome, I'm not even watching it, just listening to the sound over and over again :)

I've ridden them all and I prefer the cbr250rr mc22, almost as fun as a vfr400/rvf400.

VFR400's are awesome bikes. Trashed the sh*t out of mine every day I had it. Just wasn't fast enough down the straights. Getting walked past by 1000cc bikes on the back straight of Taupo, meh! Some dude in Hamilton owns it now.

I was thinking of getting another VFR instead of my latest E30, they are just too much fun. I've never ridden any 600cc bikes, so maybe they would be a better option. After test riding gixxer1000 and a R1 I decided I value my life too much to get one of them just yet... im too trigger happy.. power wheelies are fun though =D

Posted Image

Yeah Vtwins certainly lack that top end pull. The Balius is pushing 190-200 in the vid, the ZXR is good for 210+, even 230 with a draft from me hahaha.

You are most likely right about the handling, never went to a racetrack on it, but it sure did huss the Summit Rd with fast handling and great road holding.

Bring on a 600! You make it sound much more fun. I just know I'd wheelie for km's at a time though haha

I never saw a balius get past 165 to be honest, the standard gearing was only good for a theoretical 170 [from memory] I have seen a zxr do a true 207k over the flying quarter though. But I don't see them getting any faster. My little twin did very well for itself, was quicker than all the naked 250 fours I have ridden. That extra 2-3hp made a wee difference [took too much work to get that much more though] What kind of jetting have you got with that new exhaust?

VFR400's are awesome bikes. Trashed the sh*t out of mine every day I had it. Just wasn't fast enough down the straights. Getting walked past by 1000cc bikes on the back straight of Taupo, meh! Some dude in Hamilton owns it now.

I was thinking of getting another VFR instead of my latest E30, they are just too much fun. I've never ridden any 600cc bikes, so maybe they would be a better option. After test riding gixxer1000 and a R1 I decided I value my life too much to get one of them just yet... im too trigger happy.. power wheelies are fun though =D

The newer 600s are getting closer in terms of handling, I would be faster through a corner on a newer 600 than a vfr [both with me riding] purely because of the confident feel you get pushing a decent 600. I haven't ridden anything faster than a gixxer 750 k6 but that was too silly for me :P

An rvf400 would be ideal for me, or another tickled up bros650 with some nc30 fairings

I never saw a balius get past 165 to be honest, the standard gearing was only good for a theoretical 170 [from memory] I have seen a zxr do a true 207k over the flying quarter though. But I don't see them getting any faster. My little twin did very well for itself, was quicker than all the naked 250 fours I have ridden. That extra 2-3hp made a wee difference [took too much work to get that much more though] What kind of jetting have you got with that new exhaust?

I had the carbs rejetted and fully rebuilt, it cost 1000 dollars, crazy money. And I had a 1991 45bhp Balius, its the exact same engine as a ZXR fyi (same bore, same stroke, same compression, same carbs, same valves, same head, different block casting however), and have got a mean tuck, would hit 190 without too much drama. (200 with tailwind hahaha)

but still a slow 250 LOL

*oh and Nath, I wish that was in HD :D

Edited by Incary

I'll try get a noisy vid of my old spada up. Just have to figure how

I had the carbs rejetted and fully rebuilt, it cost 1000 dollars, crazy money. And I had a 1991 45bhp Balius, its the exact same engine as a ZXR fyi (same bore, same stroke, same compression, same carbs, same valves, same head, different block casting however), and have got a mean tuck, would hit 190 without too much drama. (200 with tailwind hahaha)

but still a slow 250 LOL

*oh and Nath, I wish that was in HD :D

I wasn't aware they made the balius with the 45hp motor? That would be a bloody fun little 250! It's a shame not many of the naked ones had much power. Don't get me started on the new poo on the market haha

A standard bros650 struggled to do 200k. Mine would only pull around 220 after a very long time and that had a full stainless system and 120 main jets [if I remember right] Stupid lack of fairings lol

Edited by dirtydoogle

Yeah my best mate had a ZXR (in the vid) and we worked on them together, pulled both engines to bits are the are the same, just different engine mounts. I even swapped in a ZXR 1st gear ring after a wee incident with a chain blowing off at a high engine speed (snapped 1 tooth, nice and clicky in first haha)

The fairings make a massive difference haha! His bike was way faster over 150, it just outran me no trouble, but my was quicker to 100 :D Might be the riders fault for that though :D

Looks like u were having alot of fun Henry B) I wanna get a CBR1000rr niceeeeeeeeeee

Posted Image

Id kill myself on one of them though...

Yeah my best mate had a ZXR (in the vid) and we worked on them together, pulled both engines to bits are the are the same, just different engine mounts. I even swapped in a ZXR 1st gear ring after a wee incident with a chain blowing off at a high engine speed (snapped 1 tooth, nice and clicky in first haha)

The fairings make a massive difference haha! His bike was way faster over 150, it just outran me no trouble, but my was quicker to 100 :D Might be the riders fault for that though :D

Didn't the balius have a thicker headgasket and slightly less aggressive cam lobes? What did yours redline at?

Either way, I love thrashing the ring off a small bike, very rewarding.

spada making little noises

A cbr thou would be verrrry yum, I love the pre 08 shape, especially in repsol colours

Didn't the balius have a thicker headgasket and slightly less aggressive cam lobes? What did yours redline at?

Either way, I love thrashing the ring off a small bike, very rewarding.

spada making little noises

A cbr thou would be verrrry yum, I love the pre 08 shape, especially in repsol colours

Yeh the pre 08 shape are so mint, still love the 08-09 shape tho. Repsol colours are awesome aye! Theres one in the bike shop across the road from work here its so badass I want lol!

Yeh the pre 08 shape are so mint, still love the 08-09 shape tho. Repsol colours are awesome aye! Theres one in the bike shop across the road from work here its so badass I want lol!

Yeah the latest shape are nice but I reckon the older ones are one of the sexiest thous to date. Infact only a k5 gixxer and an mv agusta f4i 1000 tickle me more.

Does my link work? The camera is pretty sh!t and I didn't have any way of mounting the camera so couldn't do a ride vid

my yzf 750.

my mate in aucks doing a highchair burn out.

high chair wheelie.

last two are of him on his fiddy

and thats me on my fiddy. still havent masterd sit down wheelies. watch the old man at the end.

they pulled the music beouse of copyright :(

post-2984-1251788258.jpg

post-2984-1251788309.jpg

post-2984-1251788349.jpg

post-2984-1251788419.jpg

post-2984-1251788436.jpg

The yzf750 is getting to be a rather rare bike these days, very cool!

Haha yup sorry didnt notice the link lol! I dont know alot about bikes aye just that 1000rr is damn nice and my workmates YZF750

Lol wtf Leigh you joined bimmersport! I was just talkn bout ur bike then reliased you'd beat me too it and posted it haha B)

[edit] double posting

Edited by Boost Junky

The yzf750 is getting to be a rather rare bike these days, very cool!

I KNOW. sadly i am 19 have no bike licence and cant afford to keep it after a "incident" With mr plod. so once i get the new cam chain and rear tyre on. its for sale.

it loves the pilot powers. got one on the front and i pilot road on the rear. it scrapes the exauhst XD.

and heres a kwl video too

I KNOW. sadly i am 19 have no bike licence and cant afford to keep it after a "incident" With mr plod. so once i get the new cam chain and rear tyre on. its for sale.

it loves the pilot powers. got one on the front and i pilot road on the rear. it scrapes the exauhst XD.

and heres a kwl video too

How much will you be wanting? Just curious....

I Joind ages ago. to keep an eye on ur updates on ur e30. and as i was looking for stuf about ur tune i found this were u posted haha.

yer look at my join date. im a lurker (spelling) hahah

How much will you be wanting? Just curious....

about 3.5K 4K and ill throw in a brand new pilot power 2ct for the rear (unfitted)

its mostly nice with jst a touch up needd on the tank and a small crack in the H/L fairring were i dropd it infront of Luke LOL.

but its done 76000km