Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Bimmersport Calendar 2010 - Photo Competition

Hey Everyone, once again we are going to put a bimmersport calendar together, we want photos of members cars whether they are individual shots or shots with more than 1 car. We are keen to see some more 'group' photos this year.

We need to pick 13 fantastic photographs and would like you to submit your pieces of art, photographers will be recognized on the calendar and will receive a complimentary calendar. Owners of the cars photographed will be recognised also if appropriate.

Specs for photos are: 6MPX or larger (approx 3600 pixels wide)

email lo res copies of your photos to ollie@bimmersport.co.nz

Final Deadline: 20th of October

Calendars will go on sale again in November for $25 each incl postage.

Just a few tips about taking good photos.

Take them in as high qaulity as possible. Print standards dictate atleast 300dpi and between 8 - 6 mpx.

Include sexy girls in the photo where possible.

Dont worry about mucking around with colours in photoshop, leave that to us as it going to require the correct balance for print. Also do not crop the photo, leave that to us because we need bleed etc.

When you take / submit the photos make sure they are not under or over exposed. Think about framing the shot properly. look at the things in your shot and make sure you dont have too much of white or black (unless your going for that look)

Taking photos on grass is quite tricky, the colour green doesnt go with much and just ends up reflecting onto paint and spoiling colour balance of the photo.

Taking photos under trees with poor light also can be very hard to get right.

Would be great if the cars are clean when you photo them :)

here is last years calendar ad - showing all the photos

Posted Image

Wonder if I have that one of the e30 up on stilts in the garage for this year :D

Actually, I'll probably just take some shots.

Pretty interested in photographing some classics this year and maybe an e90 m3 ?? if someone has one :P Tom, your blimmin CSL is defanitly going to make it this year if I have anything to do with it.

We need to get the non-e30 people out in force too.

You got those mpars sorted yet Simon ? Let me know if you want to buy some tyres, I might be selling the FK452's ;)

Do you think my last Port Hills photographs were up to scratch mate?

yeah they were good, tbh though you'd be pushing to get the same car in it 2 years in a row. If you went for something different like a group shot, moving shot or something creative it'd have more chance.

Actually, I'll probably just take some shots.

Should get some of the S50 E30's together :)

Edited by Jamez

Hot blonde girl in a bikini with an angle grinder grinding a M325i????

(using trickery so the car isn't actually getting grinded)

how about some of the e30 race series boys weld/bolt on some nice sparky metal plates that will rub on the ground when racing to make cool ass sparks...

Like the old f1 cars when they had to run them for min height...

I know you can get mag. knee sliders for the bikers maybe get a couple of those and strap them under the car....

I.E:

Posted Image

Edited by DRTDVL

Anyone in Wellington keen to do a group shot?

I'm thinking firstly E28's then if that's a no-go a shot of all generations of 5's together and then if that doesn't come off, I dunno, something else cool?

I'd be keen to spend some time getting my E28 looking good (although one side is better that the other) so if anybody's keen let me know.

Also the highest res camera I have is 4 mp so If some one had something better...

Just get a V8 trio... a nice snap of you Sammy and Jason will easily get a place imo.

More action shots tbh. Static shots are boring!! Unless there is a smoking hot chick in the shot.

Shame we don't have a real high quality pic of Paul's E30 stunt driving down in Taupo.

I'm more than happy to be the snapper if any of you Chch boys want to get some cool shots.

how hot is this blonde? Just put the pic up anyway.

I'm more than happy to be the snapper if any of you Chch boys want to get some cool shots.

Sounds good to me, Im thinking a V8 trio??

how hot is this blonde? Just put the pic up anyway.

Shes a nice girl, im sure Henry will admit :)

Moving shots = devonport photoshoot, the shots Nick's (E36) mate took when we were driving over the bridge? Of the 3 328is (mine, Nick021, an Pjays)... I'm sure they will look mint. Nick, you got the pics off you're mate yet????

Edited by ///MICHAEL