Sign in to follow this  
Apex

The Anti Rice thread.

Also remember differing opinions on something is a good thing. The world would be one hell of a boring place if everyone thought the same.

Cheers

Grant

We'd all be in tech-2 e30's

I like rice (not that I really understand how you'd define such a term). It makes me happy - as can be seen in my aftermarket madeinchina tachometer and flouro cage, bits of carbon fibre, et al.

I've spent much money on a tech1 kit, techII rear spoiler, many many wheels. None of which make my car go any better.

Perhaps we should just have badges for unrepentant ricers. Can mine be repsol orange please? :rolleyes:

I actually dare someone to turn up to a big Bimmersport meet with neons.

Luckily they aren't very common anymore, the trend finally died. And I have been lucky enough to never see them on a BMW.

Don't you think the neons which change through all the rainbow colours are super snazzy! :D

You pay for the neons and I will take my car to a bimmersport meet with neons.

The point of me posting that car up was not to debate the fact of its possible "rice" appearance or Honda badge. It was to show that it is a SHOW car, and has been meticulously done, and for that fact is NOT rice. Everything on the car has a purpose.

I don't think some of you sillies get it, so here is a definition.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

Definition of a ricer:

A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster.

The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- Expensive shiny rims that usually cost more than the car itself

- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire

- Clear/chrome tail lights and corner signals

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

Guest Simon*

^^Wurrrrrd PJay

It's the nasty chrome and the "make it look heaps faster bro" accessories that scream rice to me

That "show car" Civic makes me want to puke in its engine bay, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "riced"

I understand where you're coming from too JiB but your taste in wheels is far too good to fall into the "rice for rice's sake" category

And your use of duct tape has enhanced, not detracted from the quality :D

These are "ricey"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Imo, the last one going sideways at 200km's wouldn't be rice at all!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest Simon*

Ewwww some serious douchebaggery there on those E30's

Those crap decals like they came from NFSU or F&F aren't ricey Peter? Please :wacko:

Haha, yeah the decals are pretty foul, but I'm really digging the fluro. As a driver of a purple car, surely you can appreciate that? :P

What about this?

Rice or nice?

Posted Image

^^^ That e36's a bit over the top, but it's definitely not rice. A tastefully done fluro green e30 (not sure it's possible) would be so awesome.

I love outrageous colours on some cars... case in point Posted Image

What about this?

Rice or nice?

Depends if that intercooler is connected to a turbo or not, Otherwise it's nice.

Yay or nay?

Posted Image

Edited by Pjay

Yay or nay?

Posted Image

gay

Put the car (automatic) in neutral on hills so that it rolls back like a manual and then go into drive when the light turns green.

Whats wrong with rollbacks?:D

Guest Simon*

WTF? Are you serious?

+1! That's one of the art cars!!!

Nevermind that it's a hot widebody E21 racer too

I don't think some of you sillies get it, so here is a definition.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

Definition of a ricer:

A person who makes unnecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster.

The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder I have 3" pipe with dumpy tip.

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747 Not quite but is E39 M5 one.

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool Airbrushed company logo on boot.

- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself 18x8.5 BBS's

- Bodykit to make the car appear lower Volvo front lip.

- Clear/chrome tail lights and corner signals

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

All this on a stock std 520 :(

I'm starting to worry my car is going in a very bad direction :unsure:

Guest Simon*

All this on a stock std 520 :(

I'm starting to worry my car is going in a very bad direction :unsure:

LOL poor you John!

Haha you must be one of the more "mature" riced up boy racers about too

I think in the absence of duct tape, chrome or excessive bling you're probably ok :rolleyes:

Oh and i forgot to mention the 2 10" subs in the boot so i can drive down the road goin' 'doof doof' lol.

Good Sounds are not rice.

I never get the Honda hating. My Civic was awesome (and borderline rice as it came with a CF bonnet and I was too cheap to paint it). 4kg "JDM" wheels too.

I will happily go on the record as saying I'd swap my M3 for the current model FD2 Type-R Civic sedan. Factory rice FTW. Other current factory rice favourites of mine include the Renault Megane and Ford Focus RS.

Other than that, I agree with the more tightly defined version of "rice" ---> unsubtle, non-functional modifications.

I never get the Honda hating. My Civic was awesome (and borderline rice as it came with a CF bonnet and I was too cheap to paint it). 4kg "JDM" wheels too.

I will happily go on the record as saying I'd swap my M3 for the current model FD2 Type-R Civic sedan. Factory rice FTW. Other current factory rice favourites of mine include the Renault Megane and Ford Focus RS.

Other than that, I agree with the more tightly defined version of "rice" ---> unsubtle, non-functional modifications.

The RS Focus isn't factory rice, it's just plain fugly. But i would give my left one to own one lol.

Edited by bellicose

BTW PJay - did you mean to write defecation, or did you mean defacement? Although, both may be appropriate in this case.

I just went to get some lunch and saw an old Vr4 with "Tuned by Amg" badges on the back.

THAT is a big sack of rice

Lol, im going to add brand names of all the expensive parts I have fitted on my rear screen above the existing ELF Lubricants sticker to add to the rice.. Although the Megane, Focus and Type-R’s are actually fast so not rice.. the F1 stickers are a bit rice..

I would love a new shape Type-R civic, we drove the first one to arrive in NZ back in 06 before we purchased a Astra Turbo, it was $55,000, that’s a hell of a lot for a Civic.