Sign in to follow this  
AAP Imports

Ultra Racing Strut Braces/Chassis braces/Sway bars

Sweet. Im going to paint mine I think.

Agreed.

White stands out too much. Colour coded to the car would be nice. I get mine later this week :)

+1. Maybe a nice fluoro green....

Actually I was thinking black and then I get to use up my last old-style BS sticker. w00t!

I was thinking fluro green, might have to think different, I might attach mine to a wall in Papakura and see what colours it is in the morning.

I was thinking fluro green, might have to think different, I might attach mine to a wall in Papakura and see what colours it is in the morning.

If it's still there :rolleyes:

The only problem i can see with fitement is the pressed "mound" thingies ontop of the strut tower.

These stop the bracket sitting flush and therefore could possibly be putting to much tension on the two bolts it links to..

I was thinking of making a small spacer to weld underneath so the it can actually contact the tower the whole way around.

Edited by Matty104

Yea i thought of that haha , (- the heat) will probly be the easyest way to go, if it isn't going to ruin anything too much

I was actually thinking the same thing when I was looking at my strut towers.

Are all strut braces like that though ? or are they designed to like mould around them?

Here is mine fitted to a e30.

Fits great, only had to remove one of the screws that were moulded into the strut tower on the LHS and twist the clutch reservoir around to get under the brace. I spaced the brace over the moulds with some small washers on each of the strut bolts.

Added my own touch of originality :P

Posted Image

Got a rear brace too but didn't bother putting a sticker on because it is hidden.

Thanks to Adam for organising the group buy, much appreciated.

Edited by Forrest

Damn Everyones Getting Fluro Green Now lol, We can all have JDM e30's now. :P

The big question is.. Do you notice a difference with it installed?

^ My car is missing a driveshaft atm so I am going no where, Kerry (bmpower) and I went for a drive in his with his installed yesterday and he said it felt a lot sharper and more direct. Hope thats just not placebo effect, but atleast they look good :)

The big question is.. Do you notice a difference with it installed?

Kerry (bmpower) and I went for a drive in his with his installed yesterday and he said it felt a lot sharper and more direct. Hope thats just not placebo effect, but atleast they look good :)

I noticed a difference after I put mine on. As Nathan said, it felt a lot sharper. Will be investing in a rear brace sometime.

^ My car is missing a driveshaft atm so I am going no where, Kerry (bmpower) and I went for a drive in his with his installed yesterday and he said it felt a lot sharper and more direct. Hope thats just not placebo effect, but atleast they look good :)

I took off my whiteline one and put on this one and the front felt more direct in comparison. (the whiteline seems to flex a bit) Also the rear feels tighter with the rear one installed. I think there is definatly a minor gain there with them installed when you couple that with other mods like urethane bushes, stiffer shocks, bigger sway bar etc etc.

Also if anyone is interested i got a front lower brace as well which i am not going to use now - already have a bigger sway bar etc. Only fitted for 5mins. Yours for $120!! Bolts onto the two outer bolts on the lollipops. Pm me or text/call 02102777666

Are these strut braces still available?