Sign in to follow this  
AAP Imports

Ultra Racing Strut Braces/Chassis braces/Sway bars

Hey folks!

Adam here from AAP Imports. Previously FBI Performance, we have been in business for 7 years importing, wholesaling and retailing performance parts to car lovers such as yourselves!

We recently became the New Zealand agent for Ultra Racing. A company based in Malaysia who make a huge range of strut braces/chassis braces and sway bars for a multitude of cars including of course BMW.

I have received my first stock order and did get a few E36 braces but didn't venture any further out then that because previously we have not been part of the BMW "scene" for lack of a better term. A customer of ours whose dad is keen on a bunch of the E30 products for his race car said i should check in here and let you all know about what we can offer.

Below is a link to the section of the Ultra Racing site with the listings for each of the BWM models they support. There are too many part numbers to post up prices for everything, so if people have specific requests on price then just reply here. That way others can check first to see if the item they want a price has already been requested.

I plan on placing another order in 2 weeks time and expect it will arrive in 7-8 weeks from now. If you want to go head with an order i will require a 20% deposit and the balance when it all arrives :) I can of course get the entire range so feel free to check in about anything.

Anyways, enough talk, here are the goodies!

E30 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E30&page=1

E32 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E32&page=1

E34 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E34&page=1

E36 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E36&page=1

E38 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E38&page=1

E39 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E39&page=1

E46 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E46&page=1

E60 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...=E60&page=1

E65 - http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Catalog.asp?...5%20&page=1

AAP Imports can be contacted on

sales@aapimports.co.nz

(09) 8283211

(021) 246 3878

www.aapimports.co.nz (still very new so nowhere near our full product range listed)

ORDER/INTEREST LIST

Bravo - E30 Front Upper PM'D - PAID

Apex - E30 Front Upper PM'D - PAID

Aaron5spd - E34 front upper and front lower PM'D

trrk - E30 front upper and front lower PM'D - PAID

EVLBMW - E36 front upper 6cyl PM'D - PAID

Frantic - E30 front Upper PM'D - PAID

Edited by AAP Imports

Hi Adam,

Would you be able to put up the prices for these items they are all e30 parts listed on the website,

UR-RE2-070 - E30 REAR STRUT BAR

UR-TW2-069 - E30 FRONT STRUT BAR

UR-AR19-099 - E30 REAR ANTI ROLL BAR

UR-AR20-103 - E30 FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR

UR-LA2-493A - E30 FRONT LOWER BAR

Also

UR-TW2-176 - E46 318 FRONT STRUT BAR

Im sure alot more people would be keen on these items if we could get prices.

Thanks

Andrew

Hey!

OK i'll post up some pricing in the morning. For the most part the 2pt front braces cost about the same as do the 2pt rears. Sway bars are roughly the same so I'll post up some indicative pricing based on the parts numbers you have asked about ;)

OK here is some pricing for you guys

Strut Braces

All 2pt front braces are $129

- exceptions E46 - $139

all 2pt rear braces are $129

Sway Bars

E30 20mm Front Sway Bar $295

E30 19mm Rear Sway Bar $295

E39 19mm Rear Sway Bar $379

Room Bars

E36 - $149

Front lower braces

E30 - $135

E32 - $129

E34 - $135

E39 - $179 (4pt)

E46 - $129

E60 - $135

Rear lower braces

E60 - $135

Edited by AAP Imports

Expression of interest for e30 front strut bar. Is the pricing offered already discounted, or would a large order/group buy allow for some further discounting?

Are they aluminium or steel? Painted or powder coated? Any idea on the weight? What gauge metal are the pickup points (eg 3mm, 5mm), and what is the bar cross-section diameter? As e30 strut tops have very limited thread length, are the holes oversized and stepped nuts used/provided? or is it assumed that modifications will be made for fitment. Are the holes slotted or round?

Alot of questions I know, but all good ones.

Keen on both e30 front and rear strut braces once questions ^^ are answered, and possibly the front lower bar if budget allows.

When do you need deposits by ? any further discount for group buys ?

Also do the sway bars come with the bushes ? like in the pics ?

Edited by APT

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/template.asp?menuid=03

That link has a few bits of info that will be useful.

I do not have any E30 bars or an specific notes on them so cannot answer the fitment question but have e-mailed them so will report when I hear back.

Almost every brace i have here has slotted holes. The bars are generally 40mm wide and 18-18mm thick....wall thickness as per the above length varies from 1.2-1.6....as per their tests, its fair to say they are pretty rigid.

Sway bars come with bushes/brackets etc

Pricing

Those prices are what i have set as the retails for our market here....I am setting up dealers around the place so will not be seen to be undercutting them majorly.

However if we can get around 10 pieces or so pre-ordered then i can do 10% off across the board.....

From what I have heard through the grapevine, i don't think there is anything around this price point that is the same quality so I don't want to cheapen then gear by dropping prices down to what cheap rubbish can be bought for, in the same way that a BMW costs more then a Corolla ;)

Thanks for that Adam anyone else keen on the front strut bars ? or anything e30 ?

Maybe we could get the 10% BS Discount.

Any chance we could get any better pics of the e30 front strut bars ?

Edited by APT

I'll see what I can find - there is nothing on the net from what I can tell....I'll see if another dealer has anything.

Id take a front tower bar... shame I cant put one in the back.

Would love a front strut bar, expressing keen interest here.

Back ones are pointless on a Sedan/Coupe E30, the wall between the passenger compartment and the boot does the job, fact.

No it doesn’t. Fact :P

Down for Front and Rear, E36

Wait.. ZOMG EDIT!

I have a 6cyl coupe. And from what Ive experienced 4 cyl front braces dont fit, not do sedan fronts. Don't know about rears.

Don't want to f**k around and buy the wrong one... Again.

Can you confirm that you have suitable braces for front and rear E36 coupe 6 cyl.

Edited by Pjay

I have the E36 328 braces as listed on the site, as well as 318 braces. I also have the rears in stock.

I have pm'd you ;)

I have created a list at the top of those who want braces.

Edited by AAP Imports

No it doesn’t. Fact :P

Considering where the pick-up points for the rear suspension are, a rear bar wouldn't do a thing really, when a E30 gets sidesways load in a corner, the force goes though the subframe mounts. Would be much better to square brace up the 2 21mm subframe mounting points and the 2 chassis rails just behind the control arm bushing mount. That'd solve so much rear slop with the E30 chassis.

does "could be keen" mean put me down?

i have 2 328 front braces and 3 rear braces in stock for E36 atm.

Interesting Incary, I have seen most of the race cars have strut tower bars so assumed it was beneficial is all.

Im so tempted to get a rear one and spend a weekend trying to fit it, I wonder if they are the same dimensions. Would be a good time to DynaMat the trunk

Guest Simon*

^^ I would have thought a rear strut brace would have been of particular benefit in a wobbly old touring

I'm not familiar with the boot space, what stops them bolting straight on?

I'm not familiar with the boot space, what stops them bolting straight on?

You'll get a sore back ...shagging in the back with the strut brace siting over your lower back area though :P

I thought Graham bought his touring for a purpose ... the brace will get in the way :D

Yea it would be great, but a small mater of the shelving that would be a bugger to modify and there is no side entrance to the strut towers throgh the steel so looking at it, it would be impossible to fit one… Would make a nice difference I would suspect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Strut tower is under the seat belt jack mount… looking at that photo is enough to make me realise I never want to take that shelving out again and work anywhere near the strut towers, im still scard from last time, what a bitch of a job.

So the rear wont be beneficial for a stock e30 sedan?