Sign in to follow this  
AAP Imports

Ultra Racing Strut Braces/Chassis braces/Sway bars

So the rear wont be beneficial for a stock e30 sedan?

The benefits are negligible for a front strut brace on a road car and the benefits of a rear brace on a road car will be even smaller. Some notice a difference while some don't.

Guest FrantiC

So the rear wont be beneficial for a stock e30 sedan?

I don't see how a rear one would be beneficial. The rear towers would see barely no stress or flex from driving as just the shocks rebound off them, Even they have their own shock mounts which flex etc. Just the way the suspension is setup in the rear with the trail arms and springs on perches means the rear doesn't need to be braced really... just my opinion.

Front makes more sense, towers see the full stress of suspension and teh strut keeps the towers flexing apart. Though I have read they are a complete waste of time.. But meh.

Frantic - Check posts on the first page - what brace did you want so I can add ya to the list

Edited by AAP Imports

I will take a e30 front strut brace, cheers, Nathan

Edited by Forrest

Guest FrantiC

Frantic - Check posts on the first page - what brace did you want so I can add ya to the list

e30 Front upper strut brace. Only interest at this stage, but definitley keen for one just need to have available funds cos it's all going somewhere atm lol.

Edited by FrantiC

ok - well i'll wait till you can confirm. once i nee deposits then i need to be telling people that they are getting the 10% off or not. its only a 20% deposit - thats only around $25

Cheers

Would front & rear sway bars not be more beneficial than strut braces.

Put me down for a front lower brace, and a rear strut brace. For an e30 325i sedan.

Would front & rear sway bars not be more beneficial than strut braces.

But strut braces are bling bling!!

I'm only getting one cause Gustave raves about them. Only the front though. In the future I think I'll design a under-chassis brace set-up to compliment a rollcage, would make one tight still-archaic-Trailing arm-rear-suspended E30.

On common japanese sports cars however, a strut brace front and rear makes a massive difference, I guess that's why people want them, cause it certainly makes Silvias and RX7's much better cars.

And and BMW puts strut bars on the CSL (and maybe E46 and E92 M3's?) so they do serve a purpose.

(oh and I have big sway bars waiting to go on, I agree that AntiSway bars are a better bang for buck)

But strut braces are bling bling!!

I'm only getting one cause Gustave raves about them. Only the front though. In the future I think I'll design a under-chassis brace set-up to compliment a rollcage, would make one tight still-archaic-Trailing arm-rear-suspended E30.

On common japanese sports cars however, a strut brace front and rear makes a massive difference, I guess that's why people want them, cause it certainly makes Silvias and RX7's much better cars.

And and BMW puts strut bars on the CSL (and maybe E46 and E92 M3's?) so they do serve a purpose.(on the right car)

(oh and I have big sway bars waiting to go on, I agree that AntiSway bars are a better bang for buck)

So to sum up-its more about show than go :rolleyes: But yeah struts are good bling

Hmm if $25 is 20%, I'd be interested in a front tower brace if it doesn't interfere with my coilovers :)

In the future I think I'll design a under-chassis brace set-up to compliment a rollcage, would make one tight still-archaic-Trailing arm-rear-suspended E30.

I don't envy the FEA/ANSYS you'd have to do :P

Wouldn't the money be better spent converting to coilovers and boxing the strut tops to the cage? BTCC style B)

Any stiffness and rigity you can dial into a E30 (or any old car) would be quite beneficial, they are an old car and by modern standards a soggy biscuit, you can dial in as much stiffness to the suspension as you want but it’s only going to emphasize the lack of stiffness in the body so I can see the braces as a good upgrade.

TBH the higher spec E30’s are a well set up and balanced car from the factory so most suspension modifications are going to yield less dramatic results than if fitted to a less engineered focused car, they will sharpen things up but it won’t be black and white.

Seeming these sway bars come with bushes it makes it quite an economical and valuable upgrade, nine out of ten E30’s will have stuffed sway bar bushes. Had I not spent money on fitting my stock sways mount and link points with Nolithane I would be in with a grin, was a very notable improvement.

I can imagine a stiff sway front and rear coupled with a front strut bar should have the already precise turn in razor sharp but will have the down side of making the car quite twitchy so it will be a compromise.

But im no expert only speaking from the few cars I have owned and tuned..

Happy to pay a dep on a tower brace.

Gidday Adam - I might come down and see if the E36 one looks like it will fit an M3, if you've still got them in stock.

hey dude!

long time no see. Catchya when you have a chance to pop in.

We have reached 10 pieces as long as everyone on my list is actually keen and not blowing smoke :)

Edited by AAP Imports

Guest FrantiC

What's the shipping cost like ? Im in hastings.

I'll let you know in about 2, maybe 3 weeks.

You are approaching this with a funny attitude, you’re selling a product and we are purchasing it off you so you can make a profit?

A lot of us will say we are “keen†because we don’t want to jump in and buy something that is rubbish sight unseen of a stranger that has just joined a forum!

Do you have any for us to look at?

When will they be here?

hmm I am a business, of course I am making a profit. That is how I pay my mortgage ;)

I am trying to organise a bit of a group buy.. You guys get a discount for quantity. If people aren't confirmed then how can I confirm I am able to offer the discount? Each person will want to know if the discount is on and unless each person is confirmed then I can't confirm ;)

I just had Nick come grab a E36 6cyl front strut brace. We mocked it up and it fits perfect. He is going to post up some photos.

It is usually a 6 week process. 2 weeks collating order, 2 weeks manufacturing and 2 weeks on the boat. So we are looking at a end of October arrival.

Edited by AAP Imports

Just one thing about the e30 strut braces

some e30's are slightly wider than others between the strut towers.

when i got my brace made mine were slightly wider and i ended up getting another brace made to the correct length. the person who made mine said they had come across a few others that were wider but the majority are the narrower width.

Hope that makes sense.

It might just pay to measure the distance between your strut towers to see if the brace will fit

if you look on some of the ebay strut braces they ask you to measure the width to get the correct brace

Thanks for the heads up dude.

They only have 1 front listing so might be the odd one that doesn't fit.

I am of course more then willing to refund anyone whose brace doesn't fit as I am sure would be expected. This isn't a "order it and you are stuck with it regardless" type deal.

hmm I am a business, of course I am making a profit. That is how I pay my mortgage ;)

I am trying to organise a bit of a group buy.. You guys get a discount for quantity. If people aren't confirmed then how can I confirm I am able to offer the discount? Each person will want to know if the discount is on and unless each person is confirmed then I can't confirm ;)

I just had Nick come grab a E36 6cyl front strut brace. We mocked it up and it fits perfect. He is going to post up some photos.

It is usually a 6 week process. 2 weeks collating order, 2 weeks manufacturing and 2 weeks on the boat. So we are looking at a end of October arrival.

I know your making a profit, the "blowing smoke" remark made me think you were maybe selling them as a favour!

Im sure once we all see one fitted and have a review more will commit.

I can vouch for Adam running a legitimate business and standing behind his products - that's certainly been my experience in the past.

it wasn't meant to come across snarky - as you can imagine, i have dealt with many "i'm keen" but never come through customers over the years....

Well nick just text me and said the front E36 strut brace is fecking awesome. I'll be round to pick mine up asap! Damn work, tying me down :'(

See you soon(ish), mr AAP man