Sign in to follow this  
AAP Imports

Ultra Racing Strut Braces/Chassis braces/Sway bars

cool! I forgot to give you a sticker to put on the car- the UR guys are dying for me to send some photos of customers cars for the NZ portion of the website!

cool! I forgot to give you a sticker to put on the car- the UR guys are dying for me to send some photos of customers cars for the NZ portion of the website!

I'll drop in again man, am definitely keen for a rear e36 strut brace sometime. Just funds atm! You're more than welcome to use the pictures for promotional stuff.

I will take a top strut brace and a front lower brace. All for an E30 thanks. :D

I dropped in earlier today to pick up a e36 Strut Brace off Adam.

The product looks to be great quality. One piece, fits perfect.

Those who know anything about braces know that any brace which has hinges or hemi-joints in it at all won't positively affect the handling. And the straighter the bar the higher the rigidity.

The e36 bar clears the engine perfectly and also the bonnet. And for those e36er's who have ASC+T might know that its quite hard to find a brace which clears the ASC unit. This one does (As third picture shows).

Heres just a couple pictures (Adam, Pm me your email addy and I'll send you some more in higher res)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would no doubt recommend dealing with AAP imports to anyone. Great guys. Great product. Damn I want a rear one! Don't do installments do you? :D

Appreciate the opportunity mate.

Cheers,

Nick

Great write up mate.

please e-mail me - sales@aapimports.co.nz with the hi res photos!

Cheers ;)

Edited by AAP Imports

Hope I'm not being a pain - but is there a template available for the feet of the tower brace?

I'm going to be cutting out bits of my strut tops for camber and castor soon - wondering if it would affect the strut brace at all?

Sexy, I'ma paint mine fluro yellow. Will be in tomorrow mate to snare one for myself. Take pics of mine too, I have a sexy carbon fibre rocker cover. Chicks love it

frantiC - check my first post, it has links to the listings and pics for each modle.

matty - yeap can courier locally no problem ;)

Thanks Mr AAP man. Recommend this trader. A+++++++.

Remember that debate some peoples were having about whether you should jack up your car or not when installing a strut brace, to do with loading or something or rather.. And there was no real resolution.

Well guess what. I HAD TO. Or it wouldn't line up 100 percent.

Anyways, heres some quick fap pics. Soon to be fluro

Posted Image

Posted Image

^^ That is really weird. Mine lined up perfectly. Did you torque the nuts back up?

Mm well our cars aren't 100% the same. I just torqued them according to my wrist-o-meter. They will come off as soon as I find the right paint colour. Looked in Mitre 10, couldnt find it. Still looking

E36

Does the "timing chain or timing belt" mean different motors

And courier to Timaru?

SP8S - hey mate.....I am guessing there is some slight variation in the engine plastic covers or something that affects the brace fitment......I have a couple of the timing belt E36 4cyl braces here that you can try if you would like. I was told there were mostly timing belt types here which is why i went with those.

Courier would be $15 to Timaru. Could do $140 total for you.

UPDATE:

Have just been e-mail one of the Ultra dealers in the UK who obviously sells a lot of BMW stuff. Here is a quote from one of his replies.

"Hi...they fit fine there is enough length on the studs - will get you some pics over soon when a car comes in to workshop...but dont worry about the E30 front or rear bars - as no issues"

Hopefully that calms some nerves ;)

Just as an aside - we'll be at the Speed SHow this weekend - stand 127 - Have a bunch of stuff going cheap cheap for those that looking for generic parts ;)

When do we need to deposit the money by ? date & account number pls.

OK guys and gals.

DEPOSIT TIME :)

I will go through and pm everyone the deposit amount required and the bank details and references they need to use.

We are looking at roughly 5 weeks from this friday as far as an ETA goes (assuming production time is 2 weeks or less).....

Please stay tuned to this thread for updates :)

Guest Simon*

I could be tempted into an E34 one provided it fits across the big plastic V8 cover in the 540 and clears the firewall mounted radiator tank - just hard to judge from E34 pic :)

OK guys and gals.

DEPOSIT TIME :)

I will go through and pm everyone the deposit amount required and the bank details and references they need to use.

We are looking at roughly 5 weeks from this friday as far as an ETA goes (assuming production time is 2 weeks or less).....

Please stay tuned to this thread for updates :)

Sounds good to me - will you be bringing surplus braces in? I want the lower front and upper rear, but a month after will more than likely take a front upper brace too. Also mine will need to be sent to wgtn ...how much? Thanks. Kerry.

Edited by bmpower

I will be bringing in extra stock for sure.....remember you only have to pay 20% and you have 5-6 weeks to pay the rest ;)

I will be sending off pm's to everyone today.

Cheers

Adam