Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Loose Change.

If you think they willingly allowed 3500 people to be murdered you are an idiot.

Then I'm an idiot I think (not really a newsflash though :lol: )

Try looking at any of the proxy wars they have "fought". However, few of them were American lives.

I think any government would sacrifice the lives of non-citizens over citizens - no matter how many.

If the American government - under the conservative government - seemed to think that there were classes of American citizen - then perhaps fostering/seizing an oppurtunity may not have be out of the question?

The British government certainly knows how to make the most of external threats - they have an impressive/scary amount of citizen surveillance and control.

I am in danger of making non sequitur arguments, so I'll stop posting now. :unsure:

edit: bellicose was one step ahead of me.

Edited by JiB

The thing i always try to think of when it comes to "cover ups" like this is.. How could you keep all the people that would be involved quiet??? Imagine how many people would need to be involved!

The thing i always try to think of when it comes to "cover ups" like this is.. How could you keep all the people that would be involved quiet??? Imagine how many people would need to be involved!

Yep, would be very difficult........but EVERYONE has a price, and not just a financial(sp?) one. There are so many ways to convince people to think your way.

I'm just getting Loose Change from Mexico now ... be interesting to see going by the comments so far in this thread.

LOL.

/thread

Edited by joshnz

Yep, would be very difficult........but EVERYONE has a price, and not just a financial(sp?) one. There are so many ways to convince people to think your way.

Hahahahahahaha. You can't be serious. The US Government paid thousands of people to keep quiet?

I sense a Tui Ad.....

Guest FrantiC

It wouldn't necessarily be thousands.

Could go something like U.S government plan it out. Offer some arab's $1,000,000 to high jack a plane, fly it into the pentagon, and the twin towers.

Done. Everyone else thinks it's real.

But nah, I don't think it is a set up.. What a pointless excercise. These people would have to be complete nutters to think of something like that just to send some soldiers to blow some sh*t up in iraq etc. Or whatever reasons people seem to come up with..

Hahahahahahaha. You can't be serious. The US Government paid thousands of people to keep quiet?

I sense a Tui Ad.....

They pay tens of thousands of people to go to a foriegn country to kill people for an un-justified reason. So why not a couple thousand people for a cover-up.

But nah, I don't think it is a set up.. What a pointless excercise. These people would have to be complete nutters to think of something like that just to send some soldiers to blow some sh*t up in iraq etc. Or whatever reasons people seem to come up with..

Mate you obviously have no idea how big the oil industry is, oil is in 95% of products we use every day, we are talking multi trillions. Whoever controls the oil controls the world.

The US has MULTI Millions of $s to throw around. Paying people to keep their mouths shut (or as said, not necessarily money) wouldnt be hard.

But eh. Looks like this thread didnt go as planned bellicose?

But eh. Looks like this thread didnt go as planned bellicose?

Thats ok mate, at the least i would say it has made a few people think, either 'bout the people/friends/loved ones lost or 'bout the act itself.

Umm... i'd just like to point out that this whole thing sparked the war in afghanistan, not Irag. maybe no-one remembers this? And the people supposedly to blame for the attacks had been intimidating/killing/destroying their own civilisation as well. Maybe it wasn't the US's place to step in, but then again maybe it was? It couldve all ended up a lot worse if you ask me.

As for any government killing thousands of IT"S OWN people? They are human too, and theyd have to get a hellova a lot of total hard-asses to be able to come up with a plan like that. I know i could never do it, for anything. You cant put a price on thatmany peoples lives.

You cant put a price on thatmany peoples lives.

Sadly its done all the time

It seems that this thread was open to opinion, but if you dont believe it was a conspiracy you will get shut down. :wacko:

Personally I'm saddend by the whole thing, and the unnecassary lives lost. And in the following warI'd like to think simple reason could have solved a lot more.

Politics, to much power in the hands of people i wouldnt trust making my Subway sandwhich.

Umm... i'd just like to point out that this whole thing sparked the war in afghanistan, not Irag. maybe no-one remembers this? And the people supposedly to blame for the attacks had been intimidating/killing/destroying their own civilisation as well. Maybe it wasn't the US's place to step in, but then again maybe it was?

The so called "war on terror" and the constant fear that has been pumped into the American public is the sole reason why the US Gov. was able to justify the Iraq war (which was naturally sparked by 9/11).

If you honestly think that the US Gov. is there to "save" Afghanistan or "save" Iraq then you have a bit of catching up to do. The last thing they care about is the safety and well being of Arab civilians. You only have to do some brief reading into the Israeli/Palestinian conflict to see how little the US Gov. cares about oppressed Arabs. In short, the US Gov. is nothing less than criminal when it comes to international affairs, especially in the Middle East.

With regards to the topic, did the US Gov. stage it... who knows?

Personally, I would not be surprised if it was but thats probably my Arab bias peeking it's head. Having said that, I don't think any of us can sit here and be so sure let alone mock each other for thinking one way or the other.

If the issue was so clear cut, why are so many Americans searching for answers today?

Quite a few celebrities have spoken out publicly, why the hell would they risk their image if it was so black and white?

Anyhow, R.I.P to those who died that day and R.I.P to the thousands more thay have died because of it.

Edited by crazyarab

I don't think this thread should be closed, and think that it is an interesting debate. I would like to contribute, but will do so later (it is currently midday on Friday here in the goold ole' US of A, so I am busy at work - and I want to put some thought into my input).

I would like to however stress that everyone please keep this civil, and respect others opinions. This is a very touchy subject, and on ein which there will be many different and opposing opinions. Just because someone has an opposing opinion to yours it does not mean that they are wrong, or an idiot.

Cheers

Grant

Interesting comments.

Edited by crazyarab

DrtDvl. I hope that wasnt meant to be an attack?

It was more of a question/statement... not an attack...

It's not cut and dry and it never will be...

I've watched the video's of the "explosions just before the plane crashes into the buildings" and i have to say, the footage is soo zoomed and crap quality you can't really see anything - there is soo much room for speculation it's not funny... And thats all anyone is doing, speculating as to it was them, it was those people, nooo it was aliens (yes there is a video saying aliens did it).

Governments SUCK at keeping secrets, and so do most people for that matter... If you think of the number of people, the planning, the logistics involved if it was in a government run agenda... There would just be too many people to contain the secret for any length of time...

You can't trust much of what you don't see with your own eyes now days, photo and video editting are too advanced and anyone can edit anything to make it seem like it was something different... Media is hugely influenced by person views of those reporting, and yes we have it here also...

I like the generalisation of America when it's put into use to make a point... I think we really should say Bush lead government or Nixon lead government... As with all nations the actions and views of the government are heavly dictated by those in command at the time... Could you imagine what NZ would be like if Winston Peters was running the government during his anti-immigration period, or what it would be like if the Greens ran the government (who wanted to ban Motorsports and cars over 7 years old).

need to finshing preping for tomorrow...

My mates sister was 2 blocks away from the pentagon at the time it was hit. It was a plane. She saw it. End of story.

Guest Simon*

My mates sister was 2 blocks away from the pentagon at the time it was hit. It was a plane. She saw it. End of story.

Yeah but what kind of plane :ph34r:

No holes in the wall from twin jet engines

*stirs maniacally*

Yeah but what kind of plane :ph34r:

No holes in the wall from twin jet engines

*stirs maniacally*

A BIG one! Anything else is reasonably irrelevent, becasue she saw a big, jet powered passenger plane heading directly toward the pentagon. With her own two eyes!

The thing that really makes me giggle about all this is that even IF the us had the nouse to coordinate such an attack, do you really think they would have the ability to keep it quiet? Hell, they couldn't even keep watergate in the bag.

Guest Simon*

Yeah that's the big part that always nagged at me - George Bush isn't exactly a mastermind either

another conspiracy theory worth watching:

(its good)

sorry if its been posted already

Oh dear, My flatmate is inlove with this, he beleives bush caused 9/11

But I can't fathom how he'd get enough willing Americans to kill other Americans.

He wanks on about "physics" and how the towers couldn't just fall straight down.

Edited by antil33t