Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

E30 Powersteering rack

Have you tried a wrecker? I dunno how much they would go for though.

My one doesnt have p/s either, which was different when I first started driving, but I only find it a problem in parking lots.

I heard from one person they are a bit of a bitch to fit though

The top seal on mine started to leak (right after the dyno day....I noticed a couple of drops on the floor of Bellar's after mine came off the Dyno).

I put a reconditioned one into the 325i. It was expensive though, and got charged $825.00 for a reconditioned one (but I did get $300.00 odd for mine as a trade in, so it could be reconditioned).

It is sweet now, but I am still getting used to the lighter steering (my old rack had much heavier steering, but that is because it was 80% poked).

These are another E30 weakpoint (even though the BMW manual says that they will never need maintenance and last the life of the car).

Cheers

u still looking for the power steering rack?

i might be able to hook you up for a good price. to the tune of 300?

its old of a 86 320i wagon. i have a ready pulled the gearbox out of for me

I am wrecking a 88 318 with power steering .Sorry , the rack is still in the car (looks OK) , the pump pulley is bent but pump seems fine ( different engines use different pumps so it only any good to you , if your fitting it to a m40 1.6 or 1.8 engine) 50 bucks and its all yours . ps also wrecking 86 325 , I have heaps of cheap parts for e30s.