Sign in to follow this  
clintonr

Another newby...

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the BMW world as I've just got myself an old e36 328i coupe. It's only an automatic so it's pointless doing any performance mods but there's a few things I'd like to get purely for looks such as m style mirrors, clear tail lights etc.

Considering getting tints but I'm in my mid 30's so don't want to look too much like a try hard. It's already got schnitzer wheels and bodykit as well as schnitzer lowering springs so not really much else required for what I want.

I've just had the rear spoiler removed so it's de-badged at the moment. It came with ///m badges but since it's not an ///m model, I don't think I'll be putting them back on. Still deciding whether the 328i badges should go back on yet.

I've been enjoying reading through the various threads and hav learnt a fair bit. Anyhow, my photography sucks but this will give you the jist.

post-4856-1254829400.jpg

post-4856-1254829412.jpg

Edited by outlaw

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking coupe you have there. Why did you remove the spoiler ??

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking coupe you have there. Why did you remove the spoiler ??

Cheers. Removed the spoiler because I just didn't really like the look of it. here's a couple of really bad pics of it...

post-4856-1254836921.jpg

post-4856-1254836933.jpg

Good call on the spoiler, never really liked mine either.

Good morning and welcome.

Thanks Westy. What's everyone's opinions on the badges? Leave it unbadged or put the ///m's back on the rear and grill?

Edited by outlaw

Thanks Westy. What's everyone's opinions on the badges? Leave it unbadged or put the ///m's back on the rear and grill?

Leave the ///m's off. If its not a ///m series it doesnt deserve to have them on. I'd go 328I or unbadged

Yeah that's what I was thinkin too. I must admit though I'd quite like to get a motorsport steering wheel though. Are there any issues replacing a standard 4 spoke e36 wheel with a motorsport like this.....

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=246183202

No issues...but dont buy that one...its got no airbag and they are not interchangeable

I'll give the guy a call today and find out how much the airbag version is. I'm picking it's going to be alot more. My current wheel wouldn't be worth much would it if I sell it?

Thats the right wheel. What hes saying is it doesnt come with the airbag...just the wheel only. Your airbag wont fit the wheel

Nice car, I personally like an E36 without the rear spoiler, sleeker look IMO

Keep it fully debadged...

welcome,

nice looking E36 :)

leave it debadged I reckon

Welcome to the forum.

Nice e36, much better w/ out the spoiler.

Welcome to the forum. Nice e36.

I'm gonna go against the grain and say that I actually like big spoilers on E36's as long as they are original.

nice looking car .

it is worth doing a manual conversion if you like the car .

i am converting mine to manual soon

similer plate to my one

also not a big fan of the huge rear wing.

i took the option of not using the mtec type wing , instead went for a small e39 lip

post-279-1254854241.jpg

post-279-1254854295.jpg

Welcome to the forum Clinton!

Is that a SMK front body kit?

+1 for debadged, but don't remove the BMW badging.

Nice car though!

Thanks for the warm welcome and nice comments. I'll definately leave it un-badged or may put the 328i back on? Either way the ///m's won't be going on.

Kaz: Sorry dude I have no idea what type of spoiler kit it has?

Looks stunning mate.

Not a schnitzer bodykit. Mtech rear and sides. But E46 M3 rep front bumper.

If you're into the lip spoiler idea, I just sold the last one I have for E36 coupes. I bring a shipment in every so often.

Hey Dex, cheers dude. Sorry I have no idea if it's genuine or not? I bought the car from a lady in her 50's that has had it since it was imported into the country. It was her baby so it hasn't been thrashed which is good.

All I've done (so far) is put the schnitzer springs in it and remove the spoiler. I have no idea what the spoiler's worth so I've got it on TM and it's hit the reserve of $50..

Hey nice e36! Im really digin the front kit looks mean! i would defin8ly do the manual conversion... Im in the process of getting mine converted and cant wait! I would also chuck the 328i badge back on but leave the mtech off. mine has one which the previous owner put on there and i feel like such a d*ck for leaving it on but im a lazy ass... but will get round to it sooner or later.