Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

Lucan's 1989 325i Sedan

Sick lookin bemmer my friend, and by the sounds of things this is gona be a monster!

very keen to see it turbod!!

P.S how'd you do the lights as i would love to do them 2 mine!

/\

Which ones?

I actually only asked because it looks like it had a bit of color to it. Cheers for the info.

Ahh might have picked up a bit of a blue tint when we heated it up with the gas axe.

your French lights? is it vinyl or actual lights?

if so do you know anyone who i could talk to about getting some?

i would b soo keen man

This should be quite exciting.

What upgrades are you planning for the driveshaft, diff and axles?

5+ years later, an Update!!

Last year I managed to pick up a mostly complete M30 conversion package from another E30 enthusiast.

After having much difficulty getting engine management sorted few years earlier, I sold on the b28 and turbo gear.

M30B35 I picked up was in pieces so decided the refresh as much budget allowed.

I kept the bottom end together, cleaned up the sump, block and had the head checked over.

New gaskets, seals and headbolts. New water pump, thermostat…etc

Couple pictures:

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpeg

Removed M20b25 and trans from car over the weekend, relatively painless process.

image6.jpeg

Left the loom intact for now, but will likely remove as the wiring was pillaged during my megasquirt episode.

Unfortunately hoist tipped and damaged drivers guard - after removing the engine without issue! 

image8.jpeg

Cracking into cleaning and removing anything unnecessary from the engine bay and prepping for respray this weekend.

Also ditching the power steering in favor of a manual rack, didn’t mind it in my old M325i so happy to do this now.

More updates to come! ;)

image7.jpeg

Edited by Lucan
  • Like 8

Looking good Lucan! Watching with interest :)

• Like 1

Sick man, didn't know you had a project thread here! Rest assured those old turbo bits are going to good use, albeit not quite as impressive as what you had planned. M30 will be really nice and more reliable than a boosted M20 I imagine. I thought about it (M30), but the sound of a turbo spooling just does it for me. Good work, looking forward to updates!

Edit: What are your plans for that M20.....

Edited by Kepes

So good to see the revival! Looking forward to following the progress!

Love the picture with the kid. I hope to have a pic like that one day with my son. ?

Haha had to do the dragon

14 hours ago, Kepes said:

Sick man, didn't know you had a project thread here! Rest assured those old turbo bits are going to good use, albeit not quite as impressive as what you had planned. M30 will be really nice and more reliable than a boosted M20 I imagine. I thought about it (M30), but the sound of a turbo spooling just does it for me. Good work, looking forward to updates!

Edit: What are your plans for that M20.....

I thought you'd be on here somewhere! I do still have the turbo :ph34r: 

Will be selling the engine/trans, Andrew (APT) wanted it like 6 months ago? You interested too?

13 hours ago, _BRS_ said:

So good to see the revival! Looking forward to following the progress!

The goal is to have the engine in and running by the end of the month! Then I'll tidy up the rest of the car, I've been hoarding parts for years:

Plenty of rare bits and some nice wheels that I need to paint and reassemble too.

On 2/2/2017 at 11:38 AM, Lucan said:

Haha had to do the dragon

I thought you'd be on here somewhere! I do still have the turbo :ph34r: 

Will be selling the engine/trans, Andrew (APT) wanted it like 6 months ago? You interested too?

Hmm... maybe for the block but you'll probably have more luck selling it all together. 

I'll give my setup a try, but I've got an Hx40 which is huge so will probably look at getting a new turbo soon... Actually the Hx40 would be good on an M30.. Swaps? B) haha

Productive day today!

Removed and sold my blue recaro seats :( 

Have money in the budget to fix up my black sets driver bolster, so those will go in the car eventually!

Moved the M30 back to my place and got it in the engine bay for a test fit.

IMG_5637.JPGIMG_5639.JPG

Just realised I don't have trans bolts so if anyone has some lying around??

M3 (S14) flywheel resurfaced, M20 clutch kit and cleaned up G240 ready to go together also

IMG_5641.JPG

IMG_5640.JPG

Will remove and finish res praying the engine bay hopefully in the next fortnight

Edited by Lucan
  • Like 3