Sign in to follow this  
simke

'Cruising' banned in boy-racer legislation

You kids complaining about the government needing to get onto more serious things need to learn that being in government isnt about doing whats best for the country and tackling the truelly big issues.

Its about getting on the front page, being seen on the tv, getting people to mention your name and the only way to do that is to shout about the things people 'concieve' to be the big issues.

You talk to anyone in a pub about how this government is going to handle ACC and the response will be 'meh'. You ask the same person about how to handle boy racers and you wont be able to stop them talking.

As for the new laws, Im not personally affected by hoons screaming around my house, but I have been in the past, so all I can say is anything that gets these c*cks off the street is fine with me.

i can see where the police and government stand with this but i am also against how they are policing it, at 8pm on friday night we had just been to the alcohol store and were driving over to a friends house down te rapa road when we were pulled up. my car is loud when it gerts opened right up but we were just stopped at the lights waiting for the green and had been driving peacefully up until then when a police asked us to pull over whilst sitting at the lights, the cop then proceeded to try and pink sticker my car for being substantionally louder than factory, i offered to take the cop down to my work and show him on the db meter that my car was still legal and had passed a WOF without any troubles only 2 months ago, but this only made him angrier and tried to do me over for the height off my car which is also perfectly legal. i was more than nice to the officer but he still tried to do me over for everything. after failing to catch me out on anything he gave us a formal warning on the police system about alcohol in a liquor ban, even after seeing the receipts for the beers we bought 10 mins earlier.

alot of them do not know how to seperate a boy racer from a car enthusiast and this is what is going to catch alot of people they are not in the wrong

i can see where the police and government stand with this but i am also against how they are policing it, at 8pm on friday night we had just been to the alcohol store and were driving over to a friends house down te rapa road when we were pulled up. my car is loud when it gerts opened right up but we were just stopped at the lights waiting for the green and had been driving peacefully up until then when a police asked us to pull over whilst sitting at the lights, the cop then proceeded to try and pink sticker my car for being substantionally louder than factory, i offered to take the cop down to my work and show him on the db meter that my car was still legal and had passed a WOF without any troubles only 2 months ago, but this only made him angrier and tried to do me over for the height off my car which is also perfectly legal. i was more than nice to the officer but he still tried to do me over for everything. after failing to catch me out on anything he gave us a formal warning on the police system about alcohol in a liquor ban, even after seeing the receipts for the beers we bought 10 mins earlier.

alot of them do not know how to seperate a boy racer from a car enthusiast and this is what is going to catch alot of people they are not in the wrong

Most cops are reasonably fair people, but that one was a w***er.

Although debate can be healthy, this topic has already been discussed to death before. There was ample time for submissions if you got off your lazy arses and wrote in to the government. Some of us did do just that, and some of our comments were actually taken on board and the legislation was amended or clarified.

If you don't like it and you didn't make a submission, you only have yourself to blame.

Democracy only works if you participate.