Sign in to follow this  
kerry

hi velocity re-map

Does anyone know if he can work with Megasquirt?

You could ask him, but I'd doubt that he'd want to. Too much fooking about. His computer is set up to plug straight into the motronic, etc ecu's and so on.

It'd be worth a ph call just to be sure though.

Any point in getting a Powerchip to remap the ecu? I was thinking maybe there isn't a need to individual remap each car.

So as a car gets older, some hp is lost, how are they lost? How come an ecu remap could get them back?

Does it mean if the car was new with all it's hp, and it went through a remap, it would have been even more?

Sorry about the dumb question, but would really like to get some basic knowledge on this :)

Any point in getting a Powerchip to remap the ecu? I was thinking maybe there isn't a need to individual remap each car.

So as a car gets older, some hp is lost, how are they lost? How come an ecu remap could get them back?

Does it mean if the car was new with all it's hp, and it went through a remap, it would have been even more?

Sorry about the dumb question, but would really like to get some basic knowledge on this :)

The standard ECU is tuned for economy and reliability, not just peak power.

Engines lose hp when they get older, just due to general wear etc.

Kerry got 196hp at the wheels which would be around 230hp at the crank( or so ), a stock m52b28 is 192horse power at the crank. The reason he got so much is because his engine has heaps of stuff done to it ( in short lol )

I'm not entirely sure how much hp you could gain on a m52b28, anyone had one tuned?

hmmm yea i might need to go something like yours glenn

Probably just being a pain in the arse but im running a getrag 240 behind my m20b25, and then through a 3.45:1 lsd, not sure how accurate my speedo is but i'm doing 2500rpm at 100kph i'm running 195/60/r14s which the car had on it when i got it, but i have noticed that most run 195/65/r14s not sure how bigger difference this makes. Also with the m20b27 the rpm's will get even lower no doubt when i get it sorted and installed that is

That is a very impressive amount of hp for what it is! Much jealous!