Sign in to follow this  
kerry

hi velocity re-map

so i took my car to gavin today, e30 m52tu 2.8l we run it up and the base map was 163rwhp.

i did not think it was that bad, anyway we got to work and after a few hours he had her singing at a sweet 195.5rwhp,gavin said could have hit 200 or a bit more but he said he didnt want to let it leave knowing that it could be unhealthy or wot not.

as for bang for buck i couldnt have spent better money anywhere, 30 horse on a re-map im over the moon.

so on the way home it decided to rain!! well f**k me, i went to pass a truck in 5th and dropped to 4th and fully stepped out sideways shocked as i was i managed to correct it. (few). chinese rear tires i will add

all in all gavin is the man.

will get pic of last dyno run when i can

Edited by kerry

wow sounds good! thats a healthy increase!

wow sounds good! thats a healthy increase!

yea i thought so. dont think you would get much more from a link ?

Bring on next Saturday the 31st is all i can say, Can't wait to see this beast! :D

thats a good gain .

119kw to 143kw .

had my e36 325i there a little while ago got 111kw .

have seen other dyno results with 328i around 105 to 110kw etc

I am looking forwarded to getting the e36 328i in soon , with its new headers etc

went to pass a truck in 5th and dropped to 4th and fully stepped out sideways shocked as i was i managed to correct it.

f**k

mint bro!!

for sure brent as you know he will get the best he can, hope you get a good result also

^^ Hey Mark, deja vu is a funny thing...remember last week when I was in the front seat of your car :ph34r: scheeezus.

Nice work Kerry, running some tight numbers.

Edited by Forrest

mark you maniac haha , cheers forrest

post-4759-1256188279.jpg

post-4759-1256188285.jpg

Thats awesome, wonder what he could do with the v8...... could be worth the drive

as for bang for buck i couldnt have spent better money anywhere, 30 horse on a re-map im over the moon.

so how much is remap? I have a m52tu as well, would be nice to have all the hp like when new.

Depends on how long they take. If you budget $1000 you won't get a nasty surprise, but it may be cheaper if its fairly straightforward (this is based on my experience with Gavin. Mine cost over $1000 but was a FI tune from scratch)

Kerry - Gavin's dyno reads a tad low, so in reality you're probably cracking 200hp.

Kerry - Gavin's dyno reads a tad low, so in reality you're probably cracking 200hp.

My car was 135hp @ the wheels at Torque Performance and 124hp @ the wheels on gavins before i put the chip in if remember correctly... done within a month of each other and no mods (same tank of gas too)

What gearbox and what diff ratio are you running Kerry ?

running a e39 523 manual trans(getrag i think il have to get under to freshen my memory) 1.1 5th , and a rebuilt 3.64 lsd , im doing 3300rpm at 100 km in 5th so i think a 3.46 would suit better

Depends on how long they take. If you budget $1000 you won't get a nasty surprise, but it may be cheaper if its fairly straightforward (this is based on my experience with Gavin. Mine cost over $1000 but was a FI tune from scratch)

yea that's about right for price, 200hp nice might have to get it tested in hamilton for a comparison

running a e39 523 manual trans(getrag i think il have to get under to freshen my memory) 1.1 5th , and a rebuilt 3.64 lsd , im doing 3300rpm at 100 km in 5th so i think a 3.46 would suit better

I'm running a Getrag 250 G 1:1 5th and a 3.15:1 LSD diff... I should have gone 2.97:1 TBH

I'm doing 2,700rpm @ 100Kph

Edited by *Glenn*

I'm running a Getrag 250 G 1:1 5th and a 3.15:1 LSD diff... I should have gone 2.97:1 TBH

I'm doing 2,700rpm @ 100Kph

hmmm yea i might need to go something like yours glenn

Nice numbers.

Tell us a bit more about your engine combo??

M52tu on OBD1 or something yeah?

Nice numbers.

Tell us a bit more about your engine combo??

M52tu on OBD1 or something yeah?

Its a M52 B28 with Vanos removed and M50 induction components running on OBD1

Its a M52 B28 with Vanos removed and M50 induction components running on OBD1

m54 head with high compression pistons too i think.

Kerry will confirm what it is im sure.

Edited by Mark247