Sign in to follow this  
robyntan

1998 BMW Z3

We've ordered the bushings from Roadster Solutions in USA (cheaper) and are looking forward to installing them. I'm lucky my son is such a DIY guy, and it is so much more fun to work on the car WITH someone. Quite a mother-son bonding time!!! We also ordered a lexan windshield, because they are the nicest I have seen, plus two door protector strips....and just for the OVER THE TOP touch, I insisted on the black leather covers for the external mirrors!!! I think they kind of make a statement: "Car obsessed nutter!" I have got way past that "I don't want to break anything" stage, and am pretty much ready for anything, although I know you have to do thorough research and have all the steps in the process identified. I'm not a BMW snob or anything....the Z3 is just the most beautiful modern car I have ever seen....can't quite believe I now own one!

Is that what I think it is? a leather cover over the outside wing mirrors?

Welcome!

Nice little car you have there! Good to hear your doing as much as you can yourself too, you learn so much researching and doing things yourself.

Never seen them on a car before, They will cerntainly look different.

Don't get a matching Bra for them. They are FUGLY

Will post a pic once I get them and put them on. Am hoping they look as good as I THINK they will!

To be honest they are not actually leather, they just look like leather. Have a look at this link:

http://www.roadstersolutions.com/page1.html

It will be the bottom pic, but in black.

LOL you can get Bra's for your car!??!

Welcome Robyn. Great to see such an enthusiastic BMW driver out there!!

I guess that's becuase you can buy SKIRTS for cars too? WHO came up with the feminine terminology??