Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

E30 Alpina Stripes

Right.

So after about 10 google image searches and thinking about how much I would upset the purists :lol: I really want to do this.

Obviously my car 'only' has the Alpina Front Bumper and Alpina Rear Wing and sadly not the 2.7 or 16' Alpina Wheels but who is counting.

After talking to a few people I reckon give it a go if I can get the stripes made up cheap enough.

Car:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stripes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the moment I am tossing up between silver for the stripes or metallic gold. Or even going for the 'thinner' style, like this: Posted Image

but for the moment I :wub: the thicker/bolder style.

Anyone good with photoshop feel free to transplant stripes onto my car.

Opinions and thoughts are appreciated!

Cheers, Nathan

IMO I think the gold thinner stripes would suit it better. I personally think they look great on that other E30 coupe.

Can't say I'm sold on the bolder style but I'm sure they'd suit your car.

IMO I think the thinner gold or maybe a dark gray (slightly darker than your paint) creating a shadow effect would look great. I think is you could find a large enough pick a sign writer could make you up a set.

i like the sound of this!!

gold all the way

and get some of those 16 alpina reps too??!!

Guest Ari Gold

Do the full on massive tacky ones in gold! Would actually look pretty cool I reckon

^ Cheers guys.

I am very tempted. Maybe do the full on tacky ones in silver instead of in your face gold haha.

Andy, I would like some Alpina Reps, but where? :P

post-3292-1257265656.jpg

post-3292-1257265677.jpg

post-3292-1257265697.jpg

If I did thin stripes, would have to do them gold like these ^ :wub:

Edited by Forrest

yip im :wub: the thin gold!! bt thats just me, looks mint how it stands out but isint to bold and i think would just be like a highlight to your original colour. look mint

Gold won’t work on your car, your colour is hard to contrast, I would think a darker shade would work best.

I'd go thin in British Racing Green or plain old Black, or Bold two colour in BRG and Gold Leaf.

Needs Alpina wheels though.

I agree with Apex gold wouldn't contrast well

I say go bold in black ;)

^ Cheers guys.

Andy, I would like some Alpina Reps, but where? :P

Psst.............. Don't tell anyone but it looks like you are going to be buying some more wheels from me ;)

Edited by zenetti

On your coloured car i'd go with a gun metal or silver.

I think they would look OK, But not great. Think I agree with apex. British racing green stripes and alpina wheels

If you find a set of the pin stripes please post a linky up here, I would be keen for a set. Is that guy not selling on TradeMe anymore?

A bit of double standards from me, given my stance on "M" badges on non-M cars, I know. But my Alpina reps are now sporting Alpina centre badges and I am thinking of going further with the badging....? :unsure:

Its a hard one because his car is somewhere in-between green and a very light gold.. No colour really contrasts well with it at all but when I look at it the Green stands out. Black is the easiest option but could look a bit plain hence the BRG, maybe a medium BRG :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Apex

Zenetti sold Atta his set, im sure hes got more.

Thats a tough decision.

My vote is with the thin stripes in gold. I don't think British Racing Green or bleck is the way to go, and gold will stand out nicely on the grey/green/gold (?) of your car. It might also give it a more genuine, classic Alpina look. If it will look anything like the one you linked to in your OP it would look amazing!

Use this as a reference to find your colour. Keep in mind opposite colours work.

Lol, Purple it is.. Dark Gold will look good.

As far as Im aware (and Im more than happy to be proven wrong) Alpina did stripe kits in gold, silver and blue/green.

No black, no grey, no british racing green.

Nath, jump onto The Alpina Register and take a look through the photo's. Im sure there will be plenty of green cars with gold stripes ;)

Thanks everyone for all the input, nice to see a discussion about something to do with cars on here instead of the usual bollocks!

Certainly think it has to be something metallic, the thing with the tiny stripes is they would be a lot harder to recreate and fit nicely/straight.

Jono, you has a pm :D

On and JTP...say no to Alpina badges...I thought about it also, then promptly hit myself over the head...haha.