Sign in to follow this  
charles28

Pimp my Daily Driver E30

My Daily driver is looking a bit average, I want it to look a bit more presentable etc, I am welcoming suggestions, the budget for this car is limited, however I don't mind spending say $1000-$1500.

It already has good Sounds, interiors mint, but exterior wise its let down :)

Posted Image

Colour coded bumpers, iS lip, a drop, and some all red tails if you haven't already.

Would look nice imo, staying within $1000.

Edited by E30ONP

Colour coded bumpers, iS lip, a drop, and some all red tails if you haven't already. Would look nice and tidy imo.

+1000.

Colour coded bumpers, iS lip, a drop, and some all red tails if you haven't already.

Would look nice imo, staying within $1000.

Cool, where do I get an IS lip from? would prefer a new one in some ways, does anyone on here sell these?

I'm not sure what you mean by all red tails, this is what it has now, I guess it means that the Indicator Lens is Red or something?

When you say colour coded bumpers, do you mean getting mine painted, or replacing them with another style? my white BMW on here has colour coded bumpers, but they are just re-painted original ones.

Spring Lowering kit, no worries there, loads of places sell the,.

Posted Image

maybe a Remus style exhaust and lose the mudflaps? bit of a drop would do alot aswell :D

E: ohh... and fake euro plates if your willing to take the risk

Edited by Wervie67

All Red Tails: http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=25706

Nice exhaust tip would be good, but not a fart can or dumpy. Euro style, like mine looks good (you have one on your white E30?)

Maybe also tint the windows, 35% is legal but anything darker is not, but when I had 5% and then went to 20% the cops never cared...depends on your attitude. Same goes for WOFs.

And lowering springs a must, E30s do not suit 4WD hieght :lol:

Colourcoding: bumper trims, door strips, door handles & mirrors. Get colourcode for the original paint, take to paint shop, get them to make you some then remove all of these bits and paint then refit. If you not keen on painting, any painter would be happy & gaurantee a good finish.

Some people may say, shadowline the chrome (around the doors) making them black, but that wouldnt suit it. So if any one does say it, I reckon its best leaving it chrome, black wont suit it if you colourcode everything. Same with the front chrome grill.

Edited by Shady

Cool, where do I get an IS lip from? would prefer a new one in some ways, does anyone on here sell these?

You can order new ones from someone around here, just under $400 I think. Someone else can fill you in on that.

I'm not sure what you mean by all red tails, this is what it has now, I guess it means that the Indicator Lens is Red or something?

Yeah just tinted red -> http://e30.bmwdiy.info/red-tails/index.html

When you say colour coded bumpers, do you mean getting mine painted, or replacing them with another style? my white BMW on here has colour coded bumpers, but they are just re-painted original ones.

I meant getting your current bumpers painted the colour of the car and leaving the black strips in the middle black.

Like this -> http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2568/320001fv0.jpg

Didnt notice the bumpers were different, thought just the trims. I reckon colour code the lot. No black.

clears front / rear.

colour code bumpers + mirrors / door handle

shadowline chrome trim

lower it

iS lip

mtech 1 rear spoiler and side skirts

seems like hte most cost effective value for money mod it is missing is the bimmersport sticker.. lol

Edited by bmw3

I am going to say:

- Lose the mudguards

- 14 inch weaves (I assume the current wheels are 14's so you can use the tyres again)

- E30 Rubber Boot spoiler

- Shadow line the window trim

- Add a front valance lip

- Save the change from $1k for your white project car

Edited by Forrest

I am going to say:

- Lose the mudguards

- 14 inch weaves (I assume the current wheels are 14's so you can use the tyres again)

- E30 Rubber Boot spoiler

- Shadow line the window trim

- Add a front valance lip

- Save the change from $1k for your white project car

Im with Forest on this, exactly what I would do. esp wheels -_-

Im with Forest on this, exactly what I would do. esp wheels -_-

x3

Just not the spoiler ^_^

As I already, shadowline wont suit it, especially if he does colourcode it all.

So...what you you gonna do #1? :D

^ What?

Shadow line the chrome trim around the windows, As in paint it / vinyl / tape it black.

i say do nothing with it and spend the money on your project... it's your daily keep it as plain as possible... otherwise it becomes 2 projects...

Well if it was me, I would look at the people who posted opinions and their own cars before taking advice from one or the other.

End of the day it is still a slow 320 auto, just tidy it up and minimise the $$$ spent to use on the white car cause imo that is where I would put my cash.

Merely subtle 'improvements', most of which are very minimal cost. And as said, the rest to go towards the project car. No harm in that, Everybody does a wee bit of personalization to their cars :D

WTF has peoples ideas got to do with their own cars?

But as e30ftw said, everybody likes to do a bit of personalising on their Daily.

^ What?

Shadow line the chrome trim around the windows, As in paint it / vinyl / tape it black.

I know what that is. But the original body colour wont suit it. IMO.

Edited by Shady

Merely subtle 'improvements', most of which are very minimal cost. And as said, the rest to go towards the project car. No harm in that, Everybody does a wee bit of personalization to their cars :D

IMO the best bang for your buck would be clear fronts and sides, all red rears, a subtle drop on some lower springs and different set of wheels to what youve got. A set of 14' weaves would do the job nicely.

So all up thats not much more than 6-700 and it will make a huge difference without breaking your bank. If youve got another project save the big bucks for that instead but I can understand you wanting to tidy this one up a little.

WTF has peoples ideas got to do with their own cars?

....I am welcoming suggestions....

Am I missing something here, or have you just not read the whole thread ?

My 2cents.

IS lip

Colour coded bumpers with black trim.

L/Springs

Tints

Shaowline

Red Tails

Tinted indicators

:)

Well if it was me, I would look at the people who posted opinions and their own cars before taking advice from one or the other.

End of the day it is still a slow 320 auto, just tidy it up and minimise the $$$ spent to use on the white car cause imo that is where I would put my cash.

Yeah, one thing I should of mentioned is that I will be putting the 2.7 Engine in it in the next 2-3months (just gota change headgasket and put in some new rings). Its only got the 731 Head on it, but still a good upgrade for the 320i. I already have a spare 325i ECU chip, Intake Manifold with Fuel rail etc, all I need to buy is a 325i thottlebody.

In a way both cars are projects, its the only way to prevent me getting bored with my cars and suddenly I have the urge to save up for an original M635CSI (M6) from the early 80's, these damn cars are an obsession for me now.

I should be able to complete the lowering next week, I need some 51mm Front strut housings, as I have new shocks for it but i needed the 45mm size, so I have decided to upg to 51mm struts so that I don't have to re-sell the shock inserts and re-purchase.

I agree with the wheels, might look at some of those new 15" weaves for the white car and put my factory 15" weaves that are on the white car on this one.

My missus works for a BMW approved repairer, so I should be able to get an IS lip at cost and get a good deal on some paint work :)

Some progress of sorts

Has some new Jamex Springs and replacement shocks.

Posted Image

Next week = putting on 15" basketweaves from my other E30

havent read this topic before but was going to say the rims need to go! good call on the weaves