Sign in to follow this  
mark247

Am I going to freeze my tits off?

" in soviet russia women rapes you"

just remember ukranians get by fine with their coats so i would suggest buying some traditional ones over there as anything you buy at the noth face will probably be stolen (detained at customs)

eastern european women are always read always either a 1/10 or a 12/10

one last thing you better be able to hold your vodka

I'm so jealous of you! How did you get into that?

Job? Or Tour to Chernobyl?

Job - Advertised at Waikato Uni

Chernobyl - A few tour companies based in Kiev which do it, just found a website and have emailed them

" in soviet russia women rapes you"

just remember ukranians get by fine with their coats so i would suggest buying some traditional ones over there as anything you buy at the noth face will probably be stolen (detained at customs)

eastern european women are always read always either a 1/10 or a 12/10

one last thing you better be able to hold your vodka

People give me sh*t saying my underlying reason for wanting to go there is the chicks, but to be honest the main thing that got me wanting to go the Ukraine was the abandoned buildings and stuff which I've seen on the net ( such as Pripyat ) and the old Ex-Soviet military muesiums.. looks so utterly wank. Also learning a bit of Russian ( they speak Russian, not Ukrainian, in Dnepropetrovsk ) would be awesome.

I guess vodka is cheap over there because from what I've seen they drink a royal f*** ton of the stuff.

12/10 sounds like a bit of alright, who knows?!?!

Edited by westy

Chernobyl - A few tour companies based in Kiev which do it, just found a website and have emailed them

Bastard! I'd love to go - but would be packing my tinfoil undies and staying firmly on the beaten path! I'm picking they are not as strict with exposure as some of the other nuclear installations around...

I guess vodka is cheap over there because from what I've seen they drink a royal f*** ton of the stuff.

Yep - like water... In fact, isn't "vodka" is russian for water or something similar? You going to drive a tank?

Think this was a new interview about an industrial accident caused by booze at work and the guy is saying that they don't have a problem with booze or something....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLDerwaXZDg

Bastard! I'd love to go - but would be packing my tinfoil undies and staying firmly on the beaten path! I'm picking they are not as strict with exposure as some of the other nuclear installations around...

Lots of old people still live in the region and grow their own crops and say they are perfectly fine.. but as you probably know some pretty horrible stuff has happened to children who parents were exposed to the radiation before they were born

From the videos I've seen you seem to safe walking around the city and other areas as long as you stay the hell away from trees and long grass etc.. radiation sticks to plants like sh*t to a blanket. It's pretty much 100% safe as long as you on roads / in buildings

The people who work on repairing the huge concrete cover they dropped on the reactor ( which was meant to last only a few years, but it's still there over 20 years later ) work 10 days on 10 days off or something like that... awesome job huh?

Bit of a flick on it

Awesome photos of the place.. http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/featu...-then-now/14634

Edited by Mark247

Yep - like water... In fact, isn't "vodka" is russian for water or something similar?

Yeah it means "little water" in Russia.

man tits freezzzing , weird i cant picture hahaha

One of my alltime want-to-go places is Chernobyl. I've watched so many videos and read up so much about it, such a hugely fascinating place.

For anyone that wants a good read/picture viewing, go onto this site: Kidd Of Speed. It's very interesting.

Soviet era stuff is just so cool

Some places I would love to are here. Pripyat is in there too.

I really want to tour Chernobyl..... Let us know how much that stings you :)

I really want to tour Chernobyl..... Let us know how much that stings you :)

$150USD if you go with a tour group.. I've emailed a tour company in Kiev and they seem pretty chur as

You'll be right, its not as cold as it sounds once you layer up.

Eastern European woman and vodka ^_^

We had an stopover in Moscow in winter, and it was COLD.

The only thing that kept us warm was looking at the girls. skiny, long legs all the way up, and tide jeans :rolleyes:

Your going to be missed Markie. . .

from bimmersport also :(

Bring back Mark!!!!!

Well im off there tomorrow. I have just spent the last week exploring Vienna, ended up going to a university protest, and a cool little town called Steyr (which has a massive bmw factory which makes the majority of BMW's engines... and its not even in Germany.) I took a photo of it from the train, but it just looks like a train yard.. haha. Yesterday I took the train to Bratislava where I managed to get lost trying to walk back to the train station from the centre of town at night. Luckly people are friendly there and I asked some chicked where to go and she told me where to go on a map and gave me her bus ticket!! I happily didn't ended up reenacting the Hostel movie..

Flying to Dnepropetrovsk tomorrow, I think I'm in for a shock.. I found Slovakia pretty alien and it's even part of the EU!

Here are some photo in no order ha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cool cars I've seen are

- E30 vert with flaired guards

- Latest VW Golf murdered out and slammed on stealies with white walls in Bratislava ( my personal favorate )

- E30 coupe with wood piled on top of it with roof racks

- Heaps of manual e60 and e90s, automatics are unheard of here

- and of course all the aston martins and porsches which seem to be normal around here.. and the only Ducati I've seen was a Desmosedici

Edited by Mark247

That last building looks beautiful. What is it?

That last building looks beautiful. What is it?

The Hofburg Palace in Vienna. Hitler made his speech on the balcony there in 1938 when he anexed Austria. (im guessing you mean the bottom photo)

Edited by Mark247

I was actually going to say that, But thought people would think I was being sarcastic lol

The Hofburg Palace in Vienna. Hitler made his speech on the balcony there in 1938 when he anexed Austria. (im guessing you mean the bottom photo)

Yeah I meant the last photo. I gotta go there some day.

When can we look forwards to seeing the Chernobyl pics? :D

Yeah I meant the last photo. I gotta go there some day.

When can we look forwards to seeing the Chernobyl pics? :D

Not sure when I'll get there yet...