Sign in to follow this  
mark247

Am I going to freeze my tits off?

5 of us in one room. "I'll sleep on the floor."

Floor was rather comfortable, after consuming beverages from previous post.

post-1711-1260774988.jpg

TV on the train seems to have crap reception.

Yep it was, and I think it was a recording ( dvd or something ). So I dont fully understand how that worked, but they managed to make it fuzzy. It doesn't matter anyway because the show they were showing was in Russian, and the acting was even worse than Shortland Street.

Looks like your having a great time Mark... can you do me a favour though (please)

Resize your photos to 800 X 600

Looks like your having a great time Mark... can you do me a favour though (please)

Resize your photos to 800 X 600

I will certainly next time.

I do not have time now to do it, they are on a previous page now anyway

damn nice lil adventure u on there !!

planning on teaching english in japan next year :D

... and the acting was even worse than Shortland Street.

is that even possible?

OP - looks like a great trip and I really admire you for making such an interesting trip and stepping outside of most people's comfort zones, but as Kis said, photos in a more reader friendly size is appreciated by us with old PCs and average internet connections.

Edited by Simon*

Guest Simon*

I don't want to close Mark's thread

Mate I'm afraid I had to delete your oversize pics. Seeing as you were using imageshack to host some of them, just take a downsized option please

As for you other .... posters ;) ... leave the grammar attacks and personal sniping out if you please

Thanks muchly

Guest kis

Personally speaking Ive really enjoyed this thread. I think Mark should be congratulated for doing what he's done and Ive enjoyed seeing the photos, so I would hate for it to be closed.

So keep coming with the photos Mark, just make them a reasonable size :)

If the post whores have any more personal comments they wish to make they can do it via PM rather than crying off like babies.

Edited by kis

damn nice lil adventure u on there !!

planning on teaching english in japan next year :D

Very nice. Enjoy it. I dont think it will be anything like the Ukraine, but it will sure be interesting.

I don't want to close Mark's thread

Mate I'm afraid I had to delete your oversize pics. Seeing as you were using imageshack to host some of them, just take a downsized option please

As for you other .... posters ;) ... leave the grammar attacks and personal sniping out if you please

Thanks muchly

Ok, I didnt realize it was such an issue considering they were only around 600kb each. I will upload them all again tonight in the new post.

Personally speaking Ive really enjoyed this thread. I think Mark should be congratulated for doing what he's done and Ive enjoyed seeing the photos, so I would hate for it to be closed.

So keep coming with the photos Mark, just make them a reasonable size :)

Thanks.

Edited by Mike

Here are the photos that were deleted. They are all in random order but hopefully it works out. Some of them might be reposts. From now on I will resize them, soz bolz.

I appologize for the sh*t captions, but I'm in a hurry and just wanted to get the photos back up asap.

Some bomb shelter

Posted Image

Breakfast

Posted Image

"Welcome to the Soviet Union"

Posted Image

Quality construction.

Posted Image

Swine flu Ukrainian train lady on trip from Dnepropetrovsk to Donetsk

Posted Image

"Get out of the photo intruder!

Posted Image

Very communist old school hotel.

Posted Image

Confused look when relizing there is two beds, and five people.

Posted Image

Rather drab factory out the window of train between Donetsk and Dnepropetrovsk

Posted Image

edited to take some of the needless posts out - as you were

Edited by Mike

I still want to goto Russia.... I have some strange want to go there... not sure why.

I still want to goto Russia.... I have some strange want to go there... not sure why.

Ukraine / Russia is very simular. I think maybe Russia is a bit more wealthy though.

I dont mind the Ukraine though, the father of the family I'm living with knows a guy in the Ukrainian Army, and if I pay $100USD I can go to the base one day, possibly in January, and fire off a AK47 as much as I want, and a SVD Dragunov, and even a RPG or two. Sounds like fun. I really hope he can sort it out. I bet that aint on the books...Only in the Ukraine

Edited by Mark247

Guest Simon*

Have fired the other two but have always wanted a go with a Dragunov - in fact I've always just wanted one :D

$100USD is pretty steep though bro, will hit your vodka allowance pretty hard

Have fired the other two but have always wanted a go with a Dragunov - in fact I've always just wanted one :D

$100USD is pretty steep though bro, will hit your vodka allowance pretty hard

$100USD for a full day of firing an AK47? and a few goes with an RPG?

The fact that it is on a Ukrainian military base, and not at some private range and stuff makes it worth it for me.

I'm sure 7.62 round is dirt cheap in this area esspecially since 1991 lol, and I'm sure RPG's are in large supply.. but I dont really want to try and bargain some Ukrainian army officer down.. I think I'll just say ok to $100 hahahaha.

Guest Simon*

True that, go for it.

Watch out for the barrel climbing hard when you shoot the AK on full auto ;)

There was a sweet doco about mail order brides on last night.

Maybe you should find some. There moto was "we give everything and want nothing".

Which seems good, although they would all need a shave around the crotch, arm pits, chest and in some cases- face.

edit: The place was somewhere in some soviet country...

Edited by Indecorous

There was a sweet doco about mail order brides on last night.

Maybe you should find some. There moto was "we give everything and want nothing".

Which seems good, although they would all need a shave around the crotch, arm pits, chest and in some cases- face.

edit: The place was somewhere in some soviet country...

Woman here are pretty damn tidy. Miles ahead of NZ really, sad to say.

Unfortunately, I have no plans of bring any home with me. My suitcase is overweight already.

Thanks for reposting the pics, I missed them last time.

I'm so jealous, even if you had to sleep 5 in 2 beds :P

... knows a guy in the Ukrainian Army, and if I pay $100USD I can go to the base one day, possibly in January, and fire off a AK47 as much as I want, and a SVD Dragunov, and even a RPG or two. Sounds like fun.

HELL YEAH! Group buy! lol

PS Sorry for post whoring, but it sounds like its been an awesome trip! Missed the rocket launcher pic though :(

Re: that train lady with the mask and swine flu, are you hearing much about swine flu over there? There was meant to be a bit of an epidemic over there or something, although it seemed to be the thing of conspiracy theorists...

$100USD for a full day of firing an AK47? and a few goes with an RPG?

The fact that it is on a Ukrainian military base, and not at some private range and stuff makes it worth it for me.

Sounds worth it to me. If he manages to suss it try get some pics, if you can lol.