Sign in to follow this  
Sammy J

My E30 V8 possibly for sale

Hey fellas,

So i got my car all legal a few weeks ago and have been driving it around as my dayly driver and to cut a long story short, I have had an offer to buy it of 25grand.

Do you guys think i should sell it?

Mods as follows:

NZ new 325iSE

Front end respray

iS lip

Clears front and sides, red tails

17inch tsw wheels with brand new tires

Lowered on custom cobra springs with koni adjustable shocks

Willwood four pots with 315mm rotors on the front, standard rear

Nolathane bushes in suspension

Nardi steering wheel

Front and rear seats re-trimmed in highest quality black leather with blue stitching, gear-knob and boot to match

Electric sunroof, windows, mirrors, OBC, tweeters in doors

Good sony stereo with rainbow component speakers

Tightened LSD 2.93

M60b40 with 5 speed manual

New light flywheel with brand new clutch

Full overhauled motor new gaskets and water system

Thick aluminum radiator custom made

ECU has been re-programed for manual

Crack-less dash, not even a little one.

E36 steering rack

A/c been regased and overhauled

ETC...

Have forgotten things but you get the idea. So basically i'm in two minds about selling it as i have only just finished it and loved driving it around, its a dream to drive, has torque like nothing else.

Opinions??

sorry if its in wrong topic was gonna put in trademe but wasnt sure

Trade Sierra Cosworth? :P

Nah mate.. Keep it! It would be crazy to sell it so soon.. Especially right before summer!

Although in saying that it is a pretty decent offer :)

Edit: sarcasm font.

Edited by KSMYRS

I'd take it. You never get an offer close to that ever again. Tell him $25k deposit, delivery in 3 weeks.

Edited by bmw3

still losing money on it at that price, anyone on here keen? rather see it go to someone who can appreciate a tidy conversion. Yep sure thing henry

Oh and you could get a 96+ E36 M3 for that price, which would retain it's value I'm sure.

I really want a touring for a next project... i have a plan in mind

Edited by Sammy J

$25k? In a recession?

Take it.

Seriously- Yeah, you've spent more on it than that, but it really depends on how much you count on getting for it when sale time comes, and what your intentions were in the first place.

But you are unlikely to get that kind of cash for it any time again soon, and it's a lump sum. That means house deposit, and in long run means $$$$$

Just my 2c.

25k is a lot of money for a e30...thats half a mint m3 :D

If your not totally attached to it, and you don't think you will want to do something similar again, pass it on. It is probably the mintest e30 on here though, be sad to see it go.

Tough choice. The scrooge in me says take the money and run. The BMW lover in me says don't give up the project you've worked so hard on.

However, first I'd figure out if this guy is legit.

Thats a solid offer!

You say you'll still be loosing money but the problem is that when you mod a car to this extent, very rarely do you re-coup all your costs.

Yeah guess it all depends on how serious the offer was.

If it was a goon from in a gas station who's cousin's sister's dad's mate once had an M free then I wouldnt get ya hopes up.

If its legit then I would take it.

Hmm yeah .. take it ... save the $$$ and buy someone elses project for way less down the track.

However .. if you dont need the $$$ then stick with you car mate if you happy with it.. your done the hard yards on it

Yeah its a hard choice, i love the car and the new motor has really made it a nice car to drive, no engine noise or rattles, but man it has some power when you want it. Just smokes the tires under full throttle in second and third gear.

The offer i believe was rather serious, from a local car dealer in chch here who wants it as a weekend toy car. I probably wouldn't take any less to be honest. i realize that when you modify cars you dont get your money back but hey thats not why we all modify our cars is it?? I have had heaps of fun in modifying this car and its not bad for my second car.

Have a good long hard think about it. And take what you think is the sensible option.

but like I said, if you dont need the money and your happy with the car then dont do it.

Thanks mate, i dont need the money as im only 18 and dont need to pay a mortgage or anything and im happy with the car so i really will have to think about it.