Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Quick pics - New Toy

Finally saw the light and flicked off the pos telstar I was rocking round in and picked up this instead:

post-1471-1258955828.jpg

post-1471-1258955840.jpg

post-1471-1258955876.jpg

post-1471-1258955895.jpg

post-1471-1258955902.jpg

Reasonable option list(?), full motorsport package, (black headlining, shadowlined, badges and sills, sports seats, steering wheel, rims.) Only thing I need to confirm is the M-suspension. Has 16:9 screen, jap nav system, rear blinds, memory seats, rain sensing wipers, auto-dim rear view mirror, glass 2 way sunroof. Not sure if that stuff is stock on the 540i anyway?

Car is completely stock apart from crap band expander. I'm going to get the stereo sorted first, looking at getting the SD card reader that Jochen posted. I'd also like to put a 10"sub in and maybe a speaker upgrade. Any suggestions welcome? NZ radio and possibly satnav are also on the wishlist, but not sure if I can justify the expense when it probably wont be used that much. Otherwise it goes plenty well enough for me, though a slightly louder exhaust note and an LSD would be cool. Tyres are useless so looking forward to wearing those out (DSC button helps here) so I can get some decent rubber on there. I'd also consider changing the rims to some nice 18's, though I think the current rims are still nice enough

Edited by Mike

Wicked from a telstar to 540i you want know yourself looks good where did you buy it from?.

looks nice Mike,options are what i would expect even on a NZ 540.Suspension looks the right height for M tech....(anything may have happened though....)

Nice car there. Good on you! Somehow no comparison to a Telstar

Band expander BLAAA!!

Euro radio a must - if you listen to & want reception. Thought though - what year is the car? may have a world tuner in it already

Nav - not a must but bloody great! Had to justify it myself & mine being the guinea pig first car - was the most expensive too. A lot of happy campers with working nav around the country since. :)

I'd also consider changing the rims to some nice 18's, though I think the current rims are still nice enough

I have a set of Alpinas sitting in my garage doing nothing :ph34r:

Nice car Mike, well done mate.

Nice car. The good thing about E39 M-sport is that it already looks very good stock so you don't feel like you NEED to mod.

Thanks for the comments guys, pretty stoked with it. Just a few minor issues to sort and it should be all good.

Nice car. The good thing about E39 M-sport is that it already looks very good stock so you don't feel like you NEED to mod.

Pretty much why I was after one, real nice combo of looks/handling/comfort. Not too sure I could do any better if i started messing with it.

Euro radio a must - if you listen to & want reception. Thought though - what year is the car? may have a world tuner in it already

I dont think it does, its a 2000 model. when were world tuners brought out? I've asked Ray to price me up a NZ tuner.

Sam - I was planning on bringing it to Auckland but someones scored free use of a company car, others are pretty keen to make most of free gas so cant argue with that

Martyn - so... when are we test fitting the 18's?

Nice car there. Good on you! Somehow no comparison to a Telstar

Band expander BLAAA!!

Nav - not a must but bloody great! Had to justify it myself & mine being the guinea pig first car - was the most expensive too. A lot of happy campers with working nav around the country since. :)

must be relatively late model with the 16x9screen

That is a cool car, a M-kitted E39 is a manly BMW. Respect.

Nice.

I want one of these. Always have my eye out, but can't justify 4 cars.

Let me know how you find the auto as I've been looking at 6-spds.

Can do the silver/alloy trim and other upgrades you`re after. PM me your ph. no.

Regards Ray.

Looking awesome.

Ask Ray to send you a photo of his. It looks the biz with tasteful 19's and H&R's.