Sign in to follow this  
1quad1

New Porsche

New racing version for International GT Sport

Following the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, is entering yet another racing car in the 2010 motorsport season: The 911 GT3 R will be raced in series based on the international FIA GT3 regulations, thus succeeding the 911 GT3 Cup S. The main focus in developing this new model was on even better drivability and even easier handling.

The 911 GT3 R is powered by a four-litre six-cylinder boxer engine delivering maximum output of 480 bhp (353 kW) transmitted to the rear axle by a sequential six-speed dog gearbox.

The starting point in developing the 911 GT3 R weighing just 1,200 kg or 2,646 lb was the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup presented in September for one-make cup racing. Thanks to its increase in engine size by 0.2 litres, the GT3 R offers 30 bhp more than the Cup model. Both cars are based on the extra-wide body of the 911 GT3 RS street-legal sports car.

An anti-lock brake system (ABS), traction control and an e-gas with “throttle-blip†function make it much easier to get used to this new GT3 racing car than its predecessor, meaning that the new model is also more appropriate for the ambitious amateur racing driver.

Flared wheel arches added on to the body both front and rear bear clear testimony to the wider track than on the former model. And like all second-generation versions of the 911, the new 911 GT3 R also comes with striking LED rear light clusters.

The Porsche 911 GT3 R is making its world debut on 14 January 2010 at the Birmingham Motor Show. The car is built by Porsche’s Motorsport Department at the Weissach Development Centre and will be delivered to Customer Teams the world over as of spring 2010. The base price of the Porsche 911 GT3 R is 279,000 euros plus local sales tax/VAT.

:rolleyes:

Over half a million dollars... Better deals out there for sure.

A no doubt reliable 480hp from a N/A 6 i really have to give it to Porsche, they do make awesome drivers cars!!

Over half a million dollars... Better deals out there for sure.

I'm not sure there are that many better deals - there won't be many cars that are faster and more reliable on track.

Same formula that has won the Nurburgring 24 hour endurance race the last four years, id struggle to see a better deal Henry, no one else has come up with anything close, not even BMW shock horror.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_N%C3%BCrburgring

It is a nice car.

A friend of mine who works for Porsche NZ had one at Mansfield last week for the Porsche Road Show ( Porsche take a variety of cars around the country to demonstrate to prospective buyers) and he showed me clips of the GT3 RS going around Manfield driven by Emma Gilmore and sheeesh it's quick.

post-2989-1259088733.jpg

The car this thread is about a Racing car that is a completely different kettle of chips mate.

Your mate may have had a preview to the second generation 997 GT3, the 997 GT3-RS generation one went out of production a while back and second generation 997 GT3-RS will be out next year.

They do make it confusing.

010 GT3-RS

Posted Image

Porsche unsprung are several flavours of awesome. Centrelock hubs ftmfw.

The car this thread is about a Racing car that is a completely different kettle of chips mate.

Your mate may have had a preview to the second generation 997 GT3, the 997 GT3-RS generation one went out of production a while back and second generation 997 GT3-RS will be out next year.

They do make it confusing. quote]

Well I don't know exactly what he had there, but he did say it was the latest model that would be competing in next years GT3 cup series here.

Edited by C0SM0S

That would be the new GT3 Cup then :D different car again! So they will have, GT3, GT3-RS, GT3-Cup and GT3-R. Id have any of them please.

GT3-Cup

Posted Image

Waiting for GT3-Mug to come out.

I'm not sure there are that many better deals - there won't be many cars that are faster and more reliable on track.

Hmm the blurb makes it sound like a road car built for track duties, like a GT3 RS with bigger breasts. But actually seeing a link of it (http://www.eurotuner.com/news/eurp_0911_porsche_911_gt3_r/index.html ) rather than some copypastaed text, it seems to be quite the racecar. I take back previous statements. Half a mil on a car like this plus a pro team would be a ready to race winner.