Sign in to follow this  
Brockdixon

16yr olds $1000 E30

who with :o is the car in your name?

With NAC. theyre really good. its full coverage and i own the vehicle under my name

HAHAH FOR THE WIN!!!!

maybe it's me but I think this has to be one of the dumbest comments I've seen for awhile. You congradulatim him for causing 12 grands damage to someone elses stuff???

Get insurance in YOUR name as soon as possible so you can build up a history with an insurance history so when you older and looking to buy a nicer faster more modified car your not starting off as an unkown.

Just remember if you do dumb stuff and cause damage when the car is under anouther persons name - they get the resulting in lose of no claim bonuses, bad insurance history, increase premiums, and possiblely rn the risk of having their insurance cancelled as they become too high a risk.

Take this as advice from someone who did 38grands worth of damage to a single car in a single car accident while being a named driver on someone elses insurance policy.

Edited by DRTDVL

maybe it's me but I think this has to be one of the dumbest comments I've seen for awhile. You congradulatim him for causing 12 grands damage to someone elses stuff???

Get insurance in YOUR name as soon as possible so you can build up a history with an insurance history so when you older and looking to buy a nicer faster more modified car your not starting off as an unkown.

Just remember if you do dumb stuff and cause damage when the car is under anouther persons name - they get the resulting in lose of no claim bonuses, bad insurance history, increase premiums, and possiblely rn the risk of having their insurance cancelled as they become too high a risk.

Take this as advice from someone who did 38grands worth of damage to a single car in a single car accident while being a named driver on someone elses insurance policy.

38 Grand!!! What did you hit? Or what were you driving?

1 year old 95 Nissan Bluebird SES - drivers rear tyre blew out going around a corner, fished into a bank, launched the car, and then spun 5 times against a row of trees. Bent axles, bent chassis, broken engine mounts, wrapped the radiator around the block...

was doing 95 in a 100zone when tyre went pop. landed perpendicular to the road across the ditch... it was fun opening the door and falling into the ditch.

Edited by DRTDVL

+1. Please show some maturity on the forum or your time here will be very short.

DRTDVL is giving you good advice.

With NAC. theyre really good. its full coverage and i own the vehicle under my name

Lame. i got denied from them :(

Personally i'd take your car back to standard, get 1-2 years of good clean insurance history AND driving history (avoid tickets! they will want to know if you have had any in the last 5 years!) then look at modifing your car... or just modify it in ways that will not effect your insurance.

Lets put this nicely... if you have modifications not listed on your insurance policy they can (and do) have the right to not cover the car as it is no longer the car they agreed to insure. They run on a tick box system basically:

mags = yes = tick

tints = yes = tick

lowered = yes = tick

oh sorry you have too many points in our system we can not insure you. I know this as i've just gone through it with my gf's car (2.0 Peugeot 307 - nothing fast or fancy) also we are both over 29 and she has a very clean insurance history/driving history (tickets, fines, etc...)

1 year old 95 Nissan Bluebird SES - drivers rear tyre blew out going around a corner, fished into a bank, launched the car, and then spun 5 times against a row of trees. Bent axles, bent chassis, broken engine mounts, wrapped the radiator around the block...

was doing 95 in a 100zone when tyre went pop. landed perpendicular to the road across the ditch... it was fun opening the door and falling into the ditch.

ohhhh siiiiiittttt

Personally i'd take your car back to standard, get 1-2 years of good clean insurance history AND driving history (avoid tickets! they will want to know if you have had any in the last 5 years!) then look at modifing your car... or just modify it in ways that will not effect your insurance.

Lets put this nicely... if you have modifications not listed on your insurance policy they can (and do) have the right to not cover the car as it is no longer the car they agreed to insure. They run on a tick box system basically:

mags = yes = tick

tints = yes = tick

lowered = yes = tick

oh sorry you have too many points in our system we can not insure you. I know this as i've just gone through it with my gf's car (2.0 Peugeot 307 - nothing fast or fancy) also we are both over 29 and she has a very clean insurance history/driving history (tickets, fines, etc...)

your right dude, but to solve this issue i had. put car in dads name under family car, can put any upgrades i want on it now :P

your right dude, but to solve this issue i had. put car in dads name under family car, can put any upgrades i want on it now :P

are you named on this insurance as sole driver?

Edited by antil33t

Back to stock, and have it under your name... Yes you will pay more and Yes you won't be able to modify it, but it will start you off in the insurance history land...

Also it's under your folks name, so what ever you do effects their insurance... remember that!

Back to stock, and have it under your name... Yes you will pay more and Yes you won't be able to modify it, but it will start you off in the insurance history land...

Also it's under your folks name, so what ever you do effects their insurance... remember that!

i had insurance on my last car in my name (Mazda Astina 323). and i realise that that's why im carefull until i have the money to get my own insurance :P

SOLD!!! :(

Recently sold for $2,000.

The gas consumption was too much for me to pay as i'm traveling 100k's a day to go to Northland Polytec.

Just recently purchased a 1998 Rover 200vi 1,6l Twin cam another great euro but extremly cheap, approx $6/140k's.

Just recently purchased a 1998 Rover 200vi 1,6l Twin cam another great euro but extremly cheap, approx $6/140k's.

Oh dear :rolleyes: