Sign in to follow this  
simke

E46 rear subframe failure

I say bloody good on BMW for sorting you out on a car that is a long way out of warranty. EuroCollision have a very good reputation - so you will be getting some top workmanship to boot.

I think this should counter some of the other threads recently where BMW have been accused of bad service.

Yep, great news & good on them for that.

You say E46's up to 01 - did they sort the problem on post 01 cars?

From what I understand yes, they made the subframe stronger.

Got a call from Team McMillan today, new subframe has arrived from Germany, and the repairs are going to start on 5th of Jan, so I'll get my car back sometime towards the end of Jan. Very pleased with the outcome and customer service from BMW, A++.

Great news Marko... and your also getting an expert to do the repair. Daves a great bloke

Its great that BMW are picking up the bill for the repair I wonder if thats an across the board approach to this issue or a one off sort of thing... Am strongly considering considering fitting the tunermotorsport kit befor much further work on my E46 :unsure:

Got a call from Team McMillan today, new subframe has arrived from Germany, and the repairs are going to start on 5th of Jan, so I'll get my car back sometime towards the end of Jan. Very pleased with the outcome and customer service from BMW, A++.

So is it the subframe thats cracked or the area around the bosses on the chassis?

So is it the subframe thats cracked or the area around the bosses on the chassis?

It's the subframe that's cracked. Don't think I can get any pics of it now, but it wasn't a pretty sight.

It's the subframe that's cracked. Don't think I can get any pics of it now, but it wasn't a pretty sight.

I'll get them off Dave with your permission. He photos everything. They will probably be doing the chassis as well as the subframe

Go for it. I'm dropping off the car there on the 5th. Not sure if he has any photos now, unless they were given to him by Team McMillan (they did the initial assessment).

Edited by Simke

Go for it. I'm dropping off the car there on the 5th. Not sure if he has any photos now, unless they were given to him by Team McMillan (they did the initial assessment).

Drop me a PM on the 5th and I'll follow it up

Will do. Would be good to post them here if anyone else is interested in having a look.

Will do. Would be good to post them here if anyone else is interested in having a look.

I'll do that, but will you ask Dave to supply them to me ... he might not be able to though ... BMW might not allow him to considering they are paying for it

Check your PM please.

Great weekend.

K

Made phone call today to bmw told them that my car might have the same issue in the rear sub-frame. They tranfered me to team mcmilan and mcmilan said bmw will not cover any repairs cost unleast its recall.

Would anyone suggest wat i would have to do or contact to deal with?

I tried to get in touch with Simke seeking advises but i cant.

Thanks

Try PMing him again .. there was mail issues over the last month with the webserver .. should be resolved now.