Sign in to follow this  
3 SERIES

'88 Manual 325i Coupe

Hi All,

Need a bit of help. Ive come across a car that ive always wanted. Its the right colour, shape, trans, kit etc etc but the timing could not be worse. No storage and I dont intend on selling the E36 just yet.

1988 325i Coupe

150 miles

Facelift (as far as im aware - newbie)

UK import in 1995

Manual

Red

Mtech front, rear and spoiler (no side skirts for some reason)

Sunroof

Full Service history from 97

No leather from memory

Paint is pretty rough/faded, rust bubbles on sunroof itself. Owner said rust has been cut out around screen and panels. Its not a motorsport as far as im aware.

I have not driven the car yet or given it a good going over. Just seen it on today on the street and spoken briefly to the owner. He wants 3.5k which IMO might me a little high judging by condition. Will possibly view on wknd and put some pics up. Obviously if I take it further I will be getting a pre-purchase inspection from a reputable workshop.

So, based on the above roughly what would it be worth?

Cheers

Brett

Is it a facelift or pre-facelift?

I'd offer him 3g cash see what you get. I can't give you an answer really until I saw the condition of it, like paintwork, extent of the rust and interior condition.

After what you have already said... and being a UK import before better body protection was introduced

I'd say

WALK AWAY FROM IT NOW

Is it a facelift or pre-facelift?

I can't give you an answer really until I saw the condition of it, like paintwork, extent of the rust and interior condition.

Please refer my OP.

After what you have already said... and being a UK import before better body protection was introduced

I'd say

WALK AWAY FROM IT NOW

Interesting, thanks Glenn. BTW, I was thinking of it as more of a project. Complete strip out to shell with strip back and repaint. Just something Ive always wanted to do.

Edited by 3 SERIES

last UK import I had had heaps of rust, especially in the rear quarters where the Jack and battery sit, its was pretty much gone, but the tech2 was hiding it. -_-

if I had to make an offer, $2500

Take a magnet with you ha.

But seriously, be real carefull. The worst thing to have in a project is rust to fix.

Seriously Brett...walk away.. pay more for a better car... mechanical faults are easy to fix... rust just keeps walking through the body work.

I"VE SEEN SO MANY DISASTEROUS PURCHASES IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS

Some will unfold in here

last UK import I had had heaps of rust, especially in the rear quarters where the Jack and battery sit, its was pretty much gone, but the tech2 was hiding it. -_-

if I had to make an offer, $250

Fixed :o

glenn if it turns out to be a POS he could always just buy a shell for ~$500 and swap everything over, took me 3 days :)

Edited by *Glenn*

Oooops :(

Thats right James...I'd like to have a link or see photos though

Thanks Glenn and James for the comments. Im not going to rush off and view the car, will wait till im in the area. Will post some pics when I do. Dont worry I definatly dont have "red mist" on this one.

UK ones do have a bit of rust. Mine is UK and it is like what Jamez said, had rust down under battery and jack in the boot. I did a half ass job of repairing it but when I get the money I will pay my mate to do it properly.

Just check out all the obvious places for rust, you may find it is ok. Mine had it in the boot, around the rear lights, and in the sunroof.

I did only pay $1200 though..

Edited by Mark247