Sign in to follow this  
bravo

e30 Urethane Bushes Group Buy

First quote back

AKG Motorsport will do this for $180USD each(10%discount),with total shipping of $190USD

1 set of polyurethane 75D SubFB or 1 set of polyurethane 80A SubFB

and 1 set of TrialingAB (polyurethane 75D).

So thats ~$282nzd + national shipping and I suspect it will be hit with GST

I'm still waiting on a few more quotes to come back which I suspect will be a bit cheaper.

Edited by Jamez

got another quote back, this time Ireland engineering. There willing to give a 20% discount with everything bought in sets of 10, also shipping will be ~$300USD (they quoted on office "express" service)

so if we get...

10 sets of "Rear Bushing Kit - urethane -E30,Z3, E36ti" @ $52USD each excluding discount

10 sets of "Rear Subframe Mounts - urethane - street" @ $90USD each excluding discount

Thats ~$243NZD each + national shipping and possibly GST.

not too bad.

Edited by Jamez

Hi all,

Can give you an Idea of prices for locally supplied product.

Rear trailing arm Kit 4 Bushes Super Pro $70.00 Incl GST

Subframe bush Kit (both sides) 120.00 Incl. BUT... Here we have a problem. The Aussies who make this kit have decided in there wisdom that E30's no longer roam the road so they chucked out the mold!!!

I have a back order outstanding with them. They are looking at making a new mold (cross fingers).

Also can do offset Castor arm bush with comfort hole (not recommended for racing) $120.00

Race spec (No Comfort hole) 80A hardness offset $140.00 including GST

Diff Bush $140 incl these are made up locally exchange basis.

Paul.

you seem to be the cheapest by far, i'm guessing we go with you.

Hi all,

Subframe bush Kit (both sides) 120.00 Incl. BUT... Here we have a problem. The Aussies who make this kit have decided in there wisdom that E30's no longer roam the road so they chucked out the mold!!!

I have a back order outstanding with them. They are looking at making a new mold (cross fingers).

Also can do offset Castor arm bush with comfort hole (not recommended for racing) $120.00

Paul.

You guys should look at how much the mold would be to buy

I just got an average joe quote from Autolign on carbine road, didn't mention a group buy at 1st but will enquire again now.

Heres the prices i was given.

Rear lower control arm bushes inner and outer $256.77+

Rear sway bar mount bushes $32.32+

Front lower control arm bushes $213.38+

Front Sway bar mount bushes $74.31+

Front upper strut mounts $466.51+ (non adjustable)

10% discount for orders over $500

Edited by Blackie

If you guys do go with an international supplier, I would pay the extra dollars for AKG. I've read bad things about Ireland Engineering products.

Guest Ari Gold

Would be dead keen for E30 M3 sway bar mounts and a diff mount in urethane if its possible to just tack them onto an order?

so nothing is going to come of this? i need some fairly soon like the next month so ill source my own...

I'm possibly keen for a lil group orderl. Cbf looking back in thread for cheapest prices too lazy and tired... But if anyone else is keen to do a group order for next month some time?

If no one I will co-ordinate one myself possibly :rolleyes: *prepare for disaster*

I'm possibly keen for a lil group orderl. Cbf looking back in thread for cheapest prices too lazy and tired... But if anyone else is keen to do a group order for next month some time?

If no one I will co-ordinate one myself possibly :rolleyes: *prepare for disaster*

id be down for that. i wont be on here much in January though (road trip ftw!), though ill rape every opportunity of free internet ^.^

Hi all,

Paul.

This is the best deal by far, I'm just waiting to see if the Australian's will make the Subframe bush kit.

BUMP

Paul, What supplier are you going through for those prices ? Any idea if the Subframe ones will be made ?

I'd be keen to buy the trail arm bushes and front bushes from there. Maybe source some other Subframe mounts?

Anyone actually keen to do this?

Im keen on front and rears. dont need subframe ones. Repco quoted $200+ corner so anything is better than that! What do they want for the fronts?

Edited by ethrty320

$120 .

If your gonna get them for your trail arms etc you may aswel bet getting subframe mounts too. Waste of time if you stick to the rubber ones.

Has anyone hit up the Whiteline people to see what they can do (Whiteline bought Noltec).

I went in to BNT to get quotes for my usual cost + gst deal, Whiteline and what they had available in Noltec, and here is what I came away with:

Offset Control arm - Retail: $104 + GST, Cost: $72.82 + GST

Subframe - Retail: $126 + GST, Cost: $88.40 + GST

Front Sway Bar mount (18mm) - Retail: $27 + GST, Cost: $19 + GST

Rear Sway Bar mount (14mm) - Retail: $27 + GST, Cost: $16 + GST

Rear Sway Bar link - Retail: $42 + GST, Cost $29 + GST.

Problem is, in the whiteline catalogue they had, there were no parts for the trailing arms, or the diff for E30s, so they quoted me for E36 parts in case they were the same, or if they get parts it gives me an idea on pricing.

Trailing arm (E36) - Retail: $178 + GST, Cost: $125 + GST

Diff (E36) - Retail: $33 + GST, Cost: $22.65 + GST

I'm not sure how many people get deals at BNT, so I listed retail as well just to give an idea.

Cheers,

D

Problem is, in the whiteline catalogue they had, there were no parts for the trailing arms, or the diff for E30s, so they quoted me for E36 parts in case they were the same, or if they get parts it gives me an idea on pricing.

The Whiteline catalogue on the internet doesn't have the diff bush but it does have E30/Z3:

W92964 - subframe bushing

W62187 - control arms

Based on previous experience, price is for a "kit", which means a pair of bushings (or, based on the catalogue, 4x bushings for the rear control arms).

Has anyone hit up the Whiteline people to see what they can do (Whiteline bought Noltec).

Yes Cam I have. Whiteline in there clean up of Noltec destroyed the mold for the subframe bushes. Evidently there was no demand :wacko:

Nothing can happen on the subframe problem till the new year (product mangers on holiday etc) however the rest of the bushes are available ex stock.

I do not recommend the eccentric trailing arm bushes. I'm having trouble keeping them in alignment on the race car (wheel align and an hour resetting bushes after every meeting). Could be OK on a road car but you will only know they have moved when your rear tyre is cut out! If you want adjustable rear trailing arms on an E30 I strongly suggest you use a slotted rear subframe kit.

Yes Cam I have. Whiteline in there clean up of Noltec destroyed the mold for the subframe bushes. Evidently there was no demand :wacko:

Oh I see - I didn't join the dots on the earlier post to figure out it was Whiteline who f$%#ed up.

Its a shame - I reckon Noltec products are (were?) pretty good and cheap.

Edited by CamB

Oh I see - I didn't join the dots on the earlier post to figure out it was Whiteline who f$%#ed up.

Its a shame - I reckon Noltec products are (were?) pretty good and cheap.

Yep it was them. Strange thing was they made a bunch in the new black urethane and packaging and then decided that was it. :angry:

Yes, Noltec product was always good. Problem is the range is getting smaller and smaller. They used to make awesome adjustable/fixed front/rear strut/shock mounts but alas no more. :(

Edited by #14

I went in to BNT to get quotes for my usual cost + gst deal, Whiteline and what they had available in Noltec, and here is what I came away with:

Offset Control arm - Retail: $104 + GST, Cost: $72.82 + GST

Subframe - Retail: $126 + GST, Cost: $88.40 + GST

Front Sway Bar mount (18mm) - Retail: $27 + GST, Cost: $19 + GST

Rear Sway Bar mount (14mm) - Retail: $27 + GST, Cost: $16 + GST

Rear Sway Bar link - Retail: $42 + GST, Cost $29 + GST.

Trailing arm (E36) - Retail: $178 + GST, Cost: $125 + GST

Diff (E36) - Retail: $33 + GST, Cost: $22.65 + GST

I'm not sure how many people get deals at BNT, so I listed retail as well just to give an idea.

Cheers,

D

I got the last set of Whiteline trailing arm bushes in the country and I got the set for $65! :P

Im in for rear swaybar mounts. but thats about all atm