Sign in to follow this  
323e30

White wall tires , whos had theres done?

Im looking into getting white wall stripes put onto the wagons tires, Just curious as to how they do it ?

Do they need to cut down the words on the tyres to put the stripes on?

The tires i have now are pretty low profile so have no idea if it will work

Ps Merry Xmas Everyone!

Edited by 323e30

what you need

white shoe colour change spray(available in the shoe cleaning section of your local supermarket)

electrical tape

Step one:

Run tape around the outside of the wall of the tyre. follow the edge of the tread to make it easy,

Step two:

Run tape around the inside edge of the tyre wall as well as around the edge of the wheel.

Step three

Lightly spray the shoe colour changer onto the unmasked bit of tyre. Building up layers slowly to get an even coat.

Step four

Peel off the tape and see the final result. Since we're colouring rubber, the finish won't last very long, but you can help it last longer by cleaning up the tyre and preparing the surface first.

Edited by KSMYRS

Sweet, could consider you way chris, You got a link to show where you have seen this? just wana see how it looks.

Sounds pretty strait forward.

I didn't do stripes, but I decided to paint the writing on my old old e30.

If I remember the specific tools I used were a very steady hand, a paint brush, and dulux antique white semi gloss enamel haha.

Although it looked alright for a while, after driving in wet weather i found it would wear off a bit and would need touch up's. Luckly I had 10L of touch up paint heh.

Posted Image

^ You can actually buy the proper paint to do that from Superheap, it comes in a marker pen.

I didn't do stripes, but I decided to paint the writing on my old old e30.

If I remember the specific tools I used were a very steady hand, a paint brush, and dulux antique white semi gloss enamel haha.

Although it looked alright for a while, after driving in wet weather i found it would wear off a bit and would need touch up's. Luckly I had 10L of touch up paint heh.

Posted Image

haha crack up dude.

White wall tyres!!! Hi all im a bwm lover whose just started bring the best American products an offering a mobile white wall service for $140 for all four wheel's in a range of colours white, red, blue, an soon gold it looks really classy on bbs basket weaves i own a white e30 whith white walls! 02040340967 Jimi