Sign in to follow this  
Danny Kiwi

Plugs for 535i

:wacko::wub: Hi can anyone tell me if there is any advantage or disadvantage using an NGK Spark Plug over the original Boch?

Also can someone recommend a Good BMW Tech in the Wellington area(prefer Hutt)

Thanks in advance and what a great local forum..good to see Kiwi Forums after so many English and Yank ones.

Cheers

No real advantage or disadvantage. The NGK plugs are good, but I would probably stick with the Bosch ones, they are not that expensive.

Sorry, can't help you with the Wellington mechanic.

Good Luck

Cheers

Guest Andrew

:wacko::wub: Hi can anyone tell me if there is any advantage or disadvantage using an NGK Spark Plug over the original Boch?

Also can someone recommend a Good BMW Tech in the Wellington area(prefer Hutt)

Thanks in advance and what a great local forum..good to see Kiwi Forums after so many English and Yank ones.

Cheers

Well there are a few arguments about this, I'll give you a run down on the common ones hah.

Basically the Bosch unit is fine, HOWEVER, if your not getting your car up to full temp and giving it a good thrashing :D then the plugs tend to wear out pretty quick.

The NGK Platiums will last longer, BUT, may make it harder to diagnose problems in your car.

I would say Bosch, whats 5 bucks for a spark plug anyhow?