Sign in to follow this  
robertw

New Tyres

Seasons geetings to all,

I got a new WOF this week needed new ball joints, tyres passed but the fronts are 2mm & 3mm

not my favorite amount of rubber need a couple of 205 60 x15" replacements in the $150 - $180

range car is a E36 325i what do you recomend

Robert.

Can vouch for GTRadial. have run them in both 17" and 16" and they provide excellent grip (never lost the back end unintentionally even under hard cornering on power) and are reletively cheap, im pretty sure they do a 15" as well

IMO get toyo proxys, they are my tyre of choice. im not sure what they are worth but they are a very good tyre.

Bridgestone potenzas are a pretty good tyre too and i THINK they are a little cheaper than the proxys.

Yup, Toyo make a couple of tyres in that size. i got some Toyo TEO+ for the MR2. Not a high performance z-rated tyre, but fairly good regardless.

I had some asymmetric Yokohamas in that size on my E28 and I loved them. Have Toyo's now, good but not as good. Toyo are excellent value for money though.

gt's good but make a bit of extra road noise due to the sizewall construction(rather thick)

toyos good bang for buck

hankook h105/k105 could be a option not as good as the toyo but hey you get what ya pay for :)

gt's good but make a bit of extra road noise due to the sizewall construction(rather thick)

toyos good bang for buck

hankook h105/k105 could be a option not as good as the toyo but hey you get what ya pay for :)

Thanks for the replys guys,

You really have to shop around for prices on tyres these days, asked for quotes

from three tyre shops just asked for 205/60 x15 no particular brand got three replys

only tyre they had in common was the Dunlop DZ101 the prices were $149 $157 $177

any body have these on their car I like the look of them, how about Bridgestone re001

Adernalin been trying to find a shop that stocks them no replys so far.

Cheers

Robert.