Sign in to follow this  
Brad-325i

Disconnecting Car Battery in E36 95 coupe

Hey now im about to attempt to take the cd player that was origionaly in my car out and chuck in an amp and sub. now before i disconnect the battery terminals is there anything i should know?? Anything i should do b4hand?

Cheers,

Brad

Nup, just disconnect neg terminal on battery

Nup, just disconnect neg terminal on battery

When i do that my alarm goes off but sounds like its bout to die haha and i lost the key to turn the siren off so shuld i jst let it go till it dies? if i connect the neg terminal again the alarm works perfectly fine again.

When i do that my alarm goes off but sounds like its bout to die haha and i lost the key to turn the siren off so shuld i jst let it go till it dies? if i connect the neg terminal again the alarm works perfectly fine again.

Its probably got a backup battery in it for when the car is locked for extended periods of time. its often a 9V battery. see if you can see an access panel for it

Just put a rag inside the siren to quieten it down and let the back up battery go flat after you disconnect the main battery... it wont hurt it

Just put a rag inside the siren to quieten it down and let the back up battery go flat after you disconnect the main battery... it wont hurt it

how long will it take to go flat? i have neighbours that complain about every little sound i make.

i know its was a year old one but im just having the problem on my bmw battery when i switch in the battery one,it make quick tick sound from relay in motor,but when i switch to battery two or both it will start right up,is the relay bad?or i need to check something else?or should i have a battery switch for that?please give me some tips. thanks. :unsure: