Sign in to follow this  
JasonL

BMW Personal PLates

What personalized plates do people have....

I'm looking for ideas as I'm looking at buying one.

DU E30 = Down under E30

ML E30 = Mainlander E30

FD E30 = No comment

Why do you want a personalised plate? I dont see why people get these... they look tacky and draw attention to probaly the most useless and ugly piece on the car (the plate). If your a business then I understand, or if your cars not so cool, and you make a joke.. but otherwise why... I've never quite understood the appeal.

Why do you want a personalised plate? I dont see why people get these... they look tacky and draw attention to probaly the most useless and ugly piece on the car (the plate). If your a business then I understand, or if your cars not so cool, and you make a joke.. but otherwise why... I've never quite understood the appeal.

I would say Sir, with no disrespect... you lack BMW culture & taste

Surely something like this is better than a plain plate ??

post-1129-1263525800.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*

Well I guess thats warrented given your 318ti and its tasteful badges... no disrespect. No I'm all for BMW culture, the personalised plate issue is far more general than bmw... it doesnt make sense to me to pay hundreds for the piece of metal that you would rather not have on your car (other than to abide by the law), which draws even more attention... I would rather people look at the wheels/ body/ paint or listen to the sound than look at my plate. That just my opinion and I know there are people out there who hold the same. Each to his own.

I have BESTIN and BESTOF mainly for the dog showing/breeding, ones on my transit dog van and ones in the garage standard size so not on the touring I was going to put BESTOF on the touring but haven't done so.

Glenn M52B28, so crack up that is my engine a goody aye? not TU that means twin vanos unit?

My friend in Auckland has 50 plus p plates loves them.

Friends got me DRTDVL - not to sure why tho...

Absolutely love the plate:

Posted Image

Surely something like this is better than a plain plate ??

post-1129-1263525800.jpg

Hadn't seen your plate before... I would say that is an exception to what I think, as to people other those those knowlegable about BMWs it simply looks like a normal plate. And its cool cos it keeps people guessing what you've done to your car (i looked this one up about a year ago (got the same motor) and it wass available then)). Its more people that have plates like 'runvs' or, 'bmw123'... well done buddy your making it really obvious your cars a bmw... I think the badge might give it away.

Its more people that have plates like 'runvs' or, 'bmw123'... well done buddy your making it really obvious your cars a bmw... I think the badge might give it away.

You will actually find it's the dealers that put on the BMW123 plates on, i know the Peugeot dealerships where buying all the pugxxx plates up for customers cars.

You will actually find it's the dealers that put on the BMW123 plates on, i know the Peugeot dealerships where buying all the pugxxx plates up for customers cars.

Yea your right, my mate had one from the dealer like that, doesn't make them any better though haha. Its more ones that state the obvious or are just are not-car related or the ones those hard guys have that say 'banged' or 'lowrd' or 'bagged' or 'gee' etc etc. Ones that are more subtle and make you think arn't so bad, but its still the number plate at the end of the day, and sometimes I rekon they draw to much attention away from the rest of the car, which I can only see is positive when your a business ect. Anyway back on topic and help come up with some good ideas for bmw plates.

I have no problem with number plates and if someone has a stupid one I just laugh, its all good fun.

I have B1MMER on my E36

hey ,i just bought one , there not cheap there about $900 for a euro plate

i got a m3 so i had to get M3NTIL

Was M3NTAL taken????

Just kidding, a mate who's a member on here has it.

I think for the most part, they look tacky, cheap and try-hard. Some well presented and premium vehicles can be finished off with a nice plate, but most of the time the owner obviously has a much higher opinion of their own cleverness. If the car is so good that even if it had a plate you wouldn't really notice or care, then the plate is a finishing touch. If the plate is there to help show-off the vehicle and is one of the first things you notice, then you shouldn't have it.

It's like women and make-up - the best plate is one that at first you don't even notice at all.

thankyou... thats to well said. You see these average cars with these plates that the owners obviously think they are gods gift to the world, and then comes along a car worth 10x it with just a standard regulation plate, and puts them in their place.

of course bme NZ has bought ALL the BMW number plates,and its got to be a euro too and with the BMW badging...

this is would i would get

post-332-1263533887.jpg

Edited by kiwi535

Your plate is cool, M52B28 would only be understood by BMW guys. As someone else said. But I find it stupid how people drive a BMW and have the plate BMW### or something like that. I'm think "Really? It's a BMW? No sh*t!" What is the point? They may as well have "I have a large disposable income" as a bumper sticker. Just my 2cents.

Clever or whitty plates are rather good on occasions though.

My plate is C0SM0S. This baffles most people except BMW enthusiasts

Now figure out why it is called C0SM0S

post-2989-1263574278.jpg

Edited by C0SM0S

My plate is C0SM0S. This baffles most people except BMW enthusiasts

Now figure out why it is called C0SM0S

The colour. Lol. Just too easy!

That is a nifty plate, has some character.

Edited by Mark247

I wouldn't get one unless it was awesome.

Rather spend $800 on something worthwhile. Not a small plate that has something written on it. Window stickers FTW.

But I find it stupid how people drive a BMW and have the plate BMW### or something like that. I'm think "Really? It's a BMW? No sh*t!" What is the point? They may as well have "I have a large disposable income" as a bumper sticker. Just my 2cents.

Clever or whitty plates are rather good on occasions though.

As was also mentioned above BMW NZ bought all the BMW### plates and put them on new cars, so the new owners probably didn't get much choice :)

I have the plate 2TMPTN sitting in a cupboard at home. I bought it when plates were $400. I have really only put it on a couple of cars but don't think my current ones are worthy of the plate!