Sign in to follow this  
Carl

HOWTO: Fix bimmersport in-topic posts appearing as links

If your bimmersport viewing pleasure is appearing in a threaded manner where as you prefer the good old fashioned linear manner then here's how to fix it:

This is caused by the linking method to bimmersport perhaps by google or from someone elses post. It is functionality provided by the board software that you can't change in your control panel (yet) and is triggered by the web address containing mode=threaded in the link.

In the web address change threaded to linear and click go or enter or whatever your browser uses, however, if this doesn't work it's because you've now got a saved session cookie with the value topicmode=threaded, if you edit this to topicmode=linear or delete your cookies and start a new this will fix it.

Also, check you've not bookmarked bimmersport with that mode=threaded in the link.

Alternatively, if you like the linear fashion you can do the opposite!

Edited by pando

For anyone who doesnt know where the mode=linear goes, because i didnt at first as my wed address didnt have any mention of mode...it goes like this:

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....amp;mode=linear

If your bimmersport viewing pleasure is appearing in a threaded manner where as you prefer the good old fashioned linear manner then here's how to fix it:

This is caused by the linking method to bimmersport perhaps by google or from someone elses post. It is functionality provided by the board software that you can't change in your control panel (yet) and is triggered by the web address containing mode=threaded in the link.

In the web address change threaded to linear and click go or enter or whatever your browser uses, however, if this doesn't work it's because you've now got a saved session cookie with the value topicmode=threaded, if you edit this to topicmode=linear or delete your cookies and start a new this will fix it.

Also, check you've not bookmarked bimmersport with that mode=threaded in the link.

Alternatively, if you like the linear fashion you can do the opposite!

Guest Simon*

Maybe the wise heads could come up with a procedure for fixing this on the iphone too

Maybe the wise heads could come up with a procedure for fixing this on the iphone too

It only started doing this an hour ago

Pretty sure this is happening whenever someone clicks on the link to Mattzys project thread through his for sale thread.

You need to go back to his for sale thread, click the link to the project thread and swap "threaded" for "list" in the adress bar of the project thread as per pandos instructions. Then go to another thread and it should be all good.

Glenn, call me if you can't sort it.

Edited by tastic

Going to any topic and adding '&mode=linear' (without quotes) to the end of the url should do it.

Or if there is already a mode=threaded statement in the url replace threaded by linear.

I've tried everything ^^^ up there and its still doing it

All fixed... it only works if you add "&mode=linear'" without the "..." in mattzy's thread... has been driving me nuts

All fixed... it only works if you add "&mode=linear'" without the "..." in mattzy's thread... has been driving me nuts

Mybe edit the link that takes you to his thread and add that bit to the end of the link? Could potentially stop this from driving everyone nuts over and over again

Open the link i posted above in a new tab/window.

Close existing open tab/window that shows bimmersport in link mode.

Start using new tab/window that is now threaded mode....

Guest BimmerzE36

Thanks for that, This is so annoying, all of a sudden today It went all threaded for me, lucky me I found this topic..

Is there any permanent fix for this? Or profile options? Sorry Im not used to IPB.

Thing is, this happening for me without there being a "threaded" in the URL. I can get it back to linear by visiting a specific thread in linear, but EVERY time I do a forum search, it reverts back to threaded. Any way you can just turn the threaded option off? NOBODY uses it anyway!