Sign in to follow this  
Stephan735i

540i/6 E34 in New Zealand

Congrats! Sounds like an awesome deal, but you know it didn’t happen if there are no pics 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, APT said:

So you got it, what a deal it was !!!

I was trying to buy this as well.  Glad someone in the community got it in the end -  make sure you keep us updated :D

Yeah mate, cheers ay. woke up this morning and still cant quiet believe it to be honest. Car is in good nick apart from paint job, re spray is the 1st thing to get done. Will def post up some pics. 👊

16 minutes ago, treone said:

Congrats! Sounds like an awesome deal, but you know it didn’t happen if there are no pics 😆

cheers man, pics will come after a much needed re spray. 

59 minutes ago, Driftit said:

Was slightly confused by the $5000 advertised price and the fact that it went for over $8000.  Was it an Auction?  Or just Facebook where anything goes?  Still a great deal if you can tidy it up.

Hey mate, i think we all were a bit confused about the 5k price tag. No not an auction, was on FB market place, so anything goes i guess. Was my first time buying anything from market place lol.  When the guy finally contacted me, he said someone had put in a offer of 6500, so i put in a 7k bid and asked if i got out bidded to contact me. He never did, and the next minute i seen the car was sold, couldnt believe it to be honest, was gutted. But god loves a tryer, and no not religious lol. So sent him a couple of messages more, saying thanks for considering my bid, was happy to go to 10k plus and could pay cash that day, said i hope it went to a bmw enthusiast. Next minute i am getting a phone call from the guy saying the first deal fell through at 7500, guy who turned up was put off by the paint. Went had a look, and knowing he was just about to let it go for 7500, we talked and settled at 8500. It was a bit of a weird dealing, we just couldnt believe our luck, i said to my partner while we still had an active bid in, if its meant to be, it will be. And what do you know, we are the very happy owners of a 540IS with M Pack in hellrot red. Re spray is on the cards very soon.   

• Like 3

I am glad you kept at it then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

Will you be keeping it the same colour? 

Hi Michael, 

Yes mate, wont be changing colour, its 1 of 6 NZ NEW that has the M PACK. Only 3 NZ NEW in Hellrot red. Even though i just love the colour techo violet, this car will be staying hellrot red. 

3 hours ago, leichtbau said:

Now that's a great buying story!

yea mate, but i was nervous asf, lol, until the deal was completed and we were driving away. Couldnt really believe i was getting an IS for that price. 

2 hours ago, Driftit said:

I am glad you kept at it then.

me to mate, wasnt willing to let that opportunity just pass me by, was just hoping like f it was my day,lol. 

5 hours ago, BMWBob said:

Hi Michael, 

Yes mate, wont be changing colour, its 1 of 6 NZ NEW that has the M PACK. Only 3 NZ NEW in Hellrot red. Even though i just love the colour techo violet, this car will be staying hellrot red. 

Yeah would be nice to go to a better colour  like technoviolet, but changing a cars listed colour from factory is a bit iffy so keeping it correct seems like the better way to go. 

• Like 1

What is the difference between an M pac and non M? 
I thought they were all M spec?