Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

e34 540i auto dyno run

Enjoy

*edit* not sure why quality is soooo sh*t on youtube?

Edited by Creaver - STOK3D

What sorta torque were you looking at? Im guessing mine would be around the same ballpark.

Cheers Braeden. Sounds awesome with the windows/sunroof down.

The dyno was reading the torque info correctly, guy said he set it up incorrectly. It read 250nm or something....(which is definitely not true)

****** Cringes coz I cant see any tie downs *******

That sounds beautiful (I know that sounds girly but it does)

Sounds awesome Ian... is this perhaps a "pre 6-speed conversion" dyno run to compare power figures? ;)

Yeah...I was alarmed when he didnt use tiedowns myself. Figured he knew what he was doing by the way he was talking.

Yeah Mark, i'd like to see the true difference between the boxes.

Haha, the thread is starting to get interesting. Love the yanks

And the sh*t fight continues...haha

LOL i've found most of the guys on that forum are like clocks........wind them up-step back-watch them go.

a mate of mine did a dyno run at smae place with a 200k 1994 540i got about 140kw at the wheels .

so yours must be ok .

Someone please post this, or a STFU pic or something to do with arguing on the internet.

Posted Image

Thats in the range for those M60 auto's. Seen some with less/more HP, they all punch out healthy torque.......

the problem is Ian everyone gets in a sh.t fight because they all try & relate their dyno run to the FACTORY RATED HP, they don't understand that the mass produced/conservative mapped engine is not punching out the factory fantasy figure + has a few miles under it's belt.

If you have time/funds get all your injectors cleaned, Motorsport Engineering could bore out your throttle body a few mm & make a new plate- increase air charge into cylinder, then you remap.

In Shootout mode those dyno's can't be fiddled by the operator so you get repeatable figures, they make bench dyno's (engine bolted to dyno) so they have a good idea whats going on.

If you want bragging rights take it to that performance place in Avondale on their home made dyno.