Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

XYZ Coilovers E30

Since this thread i have heard they are quite good for street stuff, but like stock suspension, they work fpr hard driving and track but arent great, however i have no personal expreience. I went with an H&R cup setup whith bilstein sport shocks. For cost benefit, i really dont think they could be beaten, unless you want the adjustability factor.

Thought I would chuck up some experience all be it second hand. A friends recent installation (XYZ non BMW) was complicated due the mounting flanges being welded at a different angle to the steering arm on the lower shock body. All it needed was "a bit of bending" of the flanges by a few degrees but it meant that an alignment cound not be achieved untill it was figured out. Less than ideal but he is now happy with their performance now corrected and support he got from the supplier. A possible indication of quality maybe

just another side point to this i have e36 ti corners to go in my e30 whats the recomended setup when running the e36 set up? In the rear can i stick with my H&R springs and get konis to suit e36 ti or stick with the e30 shocks?

I have also considered getting a set of the XYZ coilovers but going by whats been said probably more inclined to stick with a softer more street friendly setup.